Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought boogiebass's Bergie.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I went up today to checkout boogiebass's HT-322. Plugged in the ol' DB-750, and my Sadowsky 5-24. It pretty much dominated (sans Abercrombie), so I bought it. Lots of bottom, yet very clean across the range. He had other stuff to drool on, too. He actually took a personal check for it (after I reminded him that I have over 10,000 posts). He's a real cool guy, and a pleasure to do business with.

Thanks, boogiebass, I'm going to dig this one.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    That's what I run, and you are going to loooove it! Congrats!

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1, for sure! I think you are really going to like that setup!

Happy Holidays, Tom.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The pleasure was all mine, Munji. Enjoy. With that great Sadowsky and Aguilar amp, you have a killer rig, for sure!

5. WOW what a rig!! Congrats man! i can only dream of having a set-up that good anytime soon.

6. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    until you get the chrome grill , your heart will be empty...

happy holidays

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Congrats Munj. I GAS for one of those cabs.

8. I believe he's firmly in the EPI410UL family now! Those UL's are a very nice match with Fodera's by the way. The Fodera/WW/EpiUL combo is being used by quite a few of the New York Fodera guys. A buddy of mine recently heard Mike Pope live, using a WWUltra and 410UL and said it just sounded great.... fat and yet very articulate.

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yep, that's it. I'm pretty much using the Epi 410UL and WWU for all my gigs these days. And my Hanewinckels sound...uh...GOOD through that rig. I want for nothing! ;)

The HT322 that Munji bought is a great cab, however and really seemed to shine with his DB750.

10. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Wow. 1st the Aggie, now this. The folks over at Eden Electronics are scratching their heads. I guess after 10,000 posts you start to go a little crazy. :smug:

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That quote is sig line quality, my friend! LOL!

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mike Pope also runs his bass straight into the Woods power section bypassing the preamp of the Woods. This is why his bass has something like a 4 or 5 band pre in it.

13. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Boogie is a great guy to deal with. I bought his Kern pre.

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

+1, except my purchase was an Ampeg SVP-Pro that he'd retubed. It's as clean or as dirty as I want it to be, and vewwy vewwy qwiet.

Welcome to the Berg club, Munjibunga.

15. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Great amp and great cab.

I've never had the pleasure of hearing both together though -- bet it's sweet!

Congrats!

P.S. Before long it will be "Eden what?". ;)

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Thanks, you guys. I'm going to try it out with the WW Ultra tomorrow, which is what boogie was using. I'll spill the beans and say that I saw a bunch of EAs and Epifanis up there, and a couple remaining Bergies, so I didn't leave him short on cabs.

Eden. I'm still down with them. In fact, after the first of the year my WT-800 is going back to Minnesota for a ring and valve job to turn it into a B version.

As far as the Aggie, it just sounds bitchen through the HT 322 but, then again, it sounds bitchen through pretty much anything. I can't wait to get the HT 322 into a gigging situation.

17. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Somewhat off topic:

Those of you familiar with the WW Ultra and the WT800B (or WT550 for that matter), does the Eden seem to have more balls in the low end than the WW with most cabs?

[Forget about midrange -- I know hardly anything can touch the WW in the mids.]

18. The WW Ultra is equal in volume to the WT800, but lacks the low end punch of that big, analog power amp. I've A/B'd quite a number of times. I actually find that my Thunderfunk550 (which has similar specs as the WT550) does a better job in loud pop and funk gigs vs. the WWUltra regarding providing a more 'chest thumping' sort of low end.

Again, the WW gets plenty loud and sounds great... I've never run out of headroom with the WWUltra and the 410UL, even on the loudest gigs. But.... there just seems to be something missing below 50hz or so, and for that sort of wumping, I find other amps of lesser wattage seem to do better.

19. I just recently got to try a DB750 through a GS410 with my new Valenti fretless and my roscoe skb3006 and i was incredibly impressed. i can't imagine how good one must sound through a 322! :eek:

congrats again munji :D

20. What happens when you get to the 20,000 level of posting? Look out Munji, in a few years you'll be playing DB through an AI Clarus. ;)