1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bought Geddy Lee's Big Book of Bass, but....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Knavery, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Westminster, CO
    It's been a month since I ordered it, and it says it will be here tomorrow. Only it hasn't even shipped yet. I tried using Amazon's chat, but the guy, Edward, was just chatting back canned lines. They don't really know anything. Is anyone else in the same boat? How long am I supposed to wait before I cancel?

andruca likes this.
  2. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I did too. I preordered 5 days before release date (early december) and still nothing. I asked the seller (in my case bookdepository.com) about a month later and they told me one shipment came and was quickly shipped but my order didn't make it then and now the book's temporarily out of print, so I should wait for the next batch. My order has had "processing" status since forever. They offered a refund but that's still pointless as the book isn't in stock anywhere else either. So I'll keep waiting I guess. Your pain is mine too brother.

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    My wife ordered a copy of the book from Amazon just after Christmas. When she told me what she had done I was very appreciative then she told me that delivery was 1-3 months. Are you kiddin' me!

TD

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Wow...

5. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Yeah I’m in the same boat with Amazon. I don’t expect to see it Monday but who knows. My buddy got me the digital copy but I had a gift card so I’m ok waiting.

6. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    I waited months for mine... just got it before xmas and amazon sent it along with a price decrease. It is worth the wait!!!!

the harp unstrung likes this.
  7. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Considering how much Rush has made in over 40 years, I think this whole book pricing is greedy. Neal is probably shaking his head.

Admiral Akbar likes this.
  8. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    I heard Geddy Lee’s ‘Great, Influencial Bassists I Know About’ program today!

Jack Cassidy, John Entwistle, Jaco!

He seems like the most relaxed, believable guy.

...and, Baseball!!

saabfender likes this.
  9. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Westminster, CO
    I can wait, but I better not get screwed... It better come without them saying they can no longer get it.

10. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    The Kindle version is cheaper and shows up in seconds, on a I-pad it looks gorgeous. Just saying.....;)

Ghook, briandavismurph and woodyng2 like this.
  11. glocke1

glocke1

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    I was sort of thinking the same thing. The different "levels" you could buy into this book for were pretty crazy price wise/

That said, the book is cool. I had no idea Geddy was into Jazz basses to the extent he is.

12. baileyboy

baileyboy

Aug 12, 2010
    I ordered mine on Amazon for around $40 on Nov 30th and received it on Dec 20th, roughly 3 weeks later. I consider myself very fortunate after reading many of these posts.

MonetBass and JimK like this.
  13. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...same here.

baileyboy likes this.
  14. The Costco in my city has a stack of them for sale But i had pre ordered mine and like others, showed up just before xmas

15. It can be bought for about 20 quid in the UK, and it actually feels like it would cost more than that to make.

No complaints from me.

JimK likes this.
  16. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Got my notice from Amazon......not arriving today. Maybe next month.

17. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    My brother in law ordered it for me for Xmas. Haven't seen it yet and don't have any info about when it's supposed to show.

18. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Ordered Jan 24, due Feb 27... :/

19. Geddy has taken to making custom basses and really has a backlog now, which has kept him from printing, binding and mailing all of his Big Bass Books. He promises to e-mail you pictures of your book being stitched and glued, probably next week, but he really needs to sand bodies for a few days so they can get hit with sealer. And he's had a cold.

20. I was lucky enough to go to one of Geddy’s book signings and got a copy with “Hi Jack” and his signature on the front page!! Super cool book though. Really really interesting facts and interviews too. You’ll have a great time drooling over the gorgeous basses :thumbsup: