1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bought Geddy Lee's Big Book of Bass, but....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Knavery, Jan 23, 2019.

1. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I hope now people can see this guy for the fraud he truly is. I could have asked for new oven mitts or socks, but now here I am waiting for what will probably amount to nothing more than broken dreams. I know people that grew up on Rush and although they’re kind of old, I kind of respect their opinions. This is a slap in the face of those senior citizens and all that took the Ged at his word. Ya hear that Geddy? You’re assaulting seniors with your thieving ways. Hope it feels good on your throne of basse..er...lies!

Diamond_Dave likes this.
  2. glocke1

glocke1

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    These things are goiing for just north of 200 bucks on amazon.

Gunga Din likes this.
  3. We should have seen it coming--Rush was together for 40 years and they produced, what, three albums? There was the one with "Tom Brokaw," and the one where Neil Patrick Harris wasn't the drummer, and that live album from that farm in upstate New York. Woodchuck. It was always, "We're touring," or "Neil has taken a multi-thousand mile walkabout on motorcycle to deal with the crushingly unfair and devastating blows that life has dealt him, so we're giving him his space until he's ready to make contact with the world again." Pfft.

Whatevs. I'm calling the Better Business Bureau or at least getting my deposit back if I don't have a blurry photo in my e-mail of some stacks of glossy paper in the next six weeks.

redwingxix, MonetBass and petrus61 like this.
  4. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Ah, yes...the controversial “Woodchuck” sesssions, where Geddy fed Levon’s dog chocolate and left with several vintage ribbon mics not belonging to him. The man’s depravity knows no bounds. A public shaming is most certainly in order.

MonetBass and Diamond_Dave like this.
  5. To be fair, Levon's dog was a jerk. The famed Canadian good humor only goes so far.

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    What?!? $274!!!
    First Edition price, I guess.
    Paid $40.41 as a pre-order in Nov.

Kindle edition is $12.

jerry likes this.
  7. My wife ordered one for me on Dec. 19th on Amazon for Christmas. Was supposed to ship "between jan.12th-24". When that date rolled around a notice said it wouldn't ship then, but should ship "between Feb. 5-27th" if I wanted to reauthorize the purchase, so we did. No book today. I'll hold out til the 27th, but I won't reauthorize if it doesn't come by then. I have to admit I was s little pissed when I heard that a book signing was scheduled for last week in, I believe, LA. I'm sure there were plenty of books available there. I just think it's a little crappy that folks who have had one paid for and on order for a month or more have to wait but someone who can afford more to go stand in line gets one. But that's just me.

BnB

8. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Seriously, though....

Has anyone actually been charged for a book that hasn’t yet shipped? I haven’t.

Now back to the funny... :)

9. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Are you sure that it wasn't a preorder purchase that you made?

10. I'm not sure to understand what people are complaining about in this topic, excepted for the late delivery of course. Why and what do people come here to rant about?

11. I think Geddy should fire his drummer. Obviously he has no sense of time.
    Fishheadjoe

12. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    Mine was super delayed past the original date, so I canceled the order. Figure I'll (maybe) pick it up or check it out sometime later

13. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I just bought the digital copy. Totally satisfied with this arrangement. All of the content is there and I don't have to deal with one more physical item in the house to add to my already grossly over-sized inventory of stuff.

I suppose if I thought my friends and relatives would have any interest in thumbing through a coffee table book of bass guitars, I might want to leave a copy laying around. As it is, none of my visitors are ever interested much in my actual collection let alone pictures of someone else's collection.

JimK and jerry like this.
  14. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

My girlfriend walked into a bookstore in the mall a couple days before Christmas, there it’s was.
    I guess I’m lucky to have acquired a copy so quickly
    $75 is expensive but far from “greedy”, especially after seeing and holding this book in ones hands.
    It is a really high quality book, both in content and execution. Not cheaply made
    It should last a very long time

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    murphy and InstantEctobass like this.
  15. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    I'm in t he same boat, but I'm not freaking out. Take a deep breath, relax, and you'll get the book. Patience!

If it's really bothering you that much you can actually still cancel the order. That's what I just did. Not because I was angry hadn't shipped yet, but because during the time it's taken between ordering it and now I decided I need less stuff, not more, so I appreciate the delay!

Double E likes this.
  16. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I struggle with this daily.

17. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Westminster, CO
    I actually cancelled it and re-ordered it because it was about 20-25 bucks less. I know it'll get here, and I realized I can wait at this point. :)

Goatrope likes this.
  18. I ordered it right after Christmas for $68 and then Amazon started jerking around the deliver date.

Then I saw the price go down to around $55, so I canceled, thinking I would pick up copy later.

Now it looks like Amazon doesn't even offer it, except for private sellers asking $150 plus.

No good deals on eBay either.

Guess I'll run into a copy used down the road somewhere.

19. forrestlaw

forrestlaw Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Houston
    I finally got fed up waiting on Amazon, so I cancelled my order and picked one up from a local Barnes & Noble that had one in stock.

murphy and JimK like this.
  20. Still waiting for Amazon UK to fulfill my order. I contact them, no information but they refund my shipping costs and I'll only pay the book. Still waiting...