1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bought Geddy Lee's Big Book of Bass, but....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Knavery, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    From the magazine, Rhythm.

peart.PNG

2. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    It's printed on special paper from special trees. But now trees are all kept equal, by hatchet, axe, and saw.:woot:

Spidey2112 likes this.
  3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...that is sad.

Spidey2112, Smooth_bass88 and jerry like this.
  4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Go to a book store

5. Sadly in the country of the baguette (France), it doesn't seem that libraries or book stores have it at all

murphy likes this.
  6. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    So happy I got to see R40.

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    New Rush book due out in October 2019...Wandering The Face Of The Earth: The Official Touring History

Spidey2112 likes this.
  8. mattj1stc

mattj1stc Gold Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas, TX USA
    I ordered mine one day before it was released - I've had several updates from Amazon that keep pushing the delivery date out, but still no book nor any realistic expectation for when I might receive one. Funny, but it seems like the publisher made far too few of these - didn't know they had a big hit on their hands.

9. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    So glad my wife went to the book store before Christmas to pick up my copy. These stories are crazy!

EDIT: It seems that Geddy's publisher had no inkling of how many copies of this book would sell. It is big, and every page is color, so I imagine printing that sucker ain't cheap.

the harp unstrung and JimK like this.
  10. I agree with you. However, I keep seeing how they keep having these book signings, and how many books are signed by the man himself at these. I read somewhere that there is a set number of books to be signed at these. You would think if they have the books to be sold at these events, they would have the books available to send to those of us who ordered in December.

BnB, still waiting...

11. Dear Geddy,
    The only thing more frustrating than trying to play your bass lines has been the never ending wait for your book. I can take being blown away by your playing, I am struggling to stay composed waiting for my book.
    Please write a new bass line to keep my occupied while I wait.
    Fishheadjoe

Spidey2112 likes this.
  12. Screenshot_20190403-112846.

13. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    I’m expecting the same response, eventually. We’ll see.

14. Screenshot_20190405-203712.

Can't believe I got an answer from the Man himself!!!

15. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Cool.

16. :roflmao:

17. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Yup. Finally received a cancellation.

I guess I’ll just wait until I see a cheap copy in a brick and mortar store. :/

18. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA

I understand your frustration. But, come on. Surely you can understand that they would sandbag some copies of the book for each signing. You guys waiting a few months is "kinda" bad. But showing up to book signings with no book would be pretty dumb. That would be newsworthy bad. They had already planned the book tour. So they had already set aside enough books for those events BEFORE the shortage.

Were I in their shoes, I would do the same thing.

19. Geddy Lee posted in Instagram yesterday, he said that more books have been printed. It apprently is a real succes!! Minus the dumb people going to sign the book to resell them. They do not even like Rush, or GL, they want the money. ;)

Smooth_bass88 likes this.
  20. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

What's sad about someone retiring because they're old, tired, and in constant pain? It's noble, not sad. Would you see your favorite legendary rockers go out there and suck? Heck no! They went out on top and with grace.