Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought me a new stingray :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeffrey A-Bomb, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well, I had some extra money and bought myself a new natural colored, maple fingerboard stingray 4 today. It's an awesome bass and has all the growl and rock rarr I'll ever need. I'm running it through my sansamp rbi and the tone is PERFECT for me. I'll post a pic soon, I'm too busy playing it right now :p Btw, after checking out all the colors, the natural woodgrain/maple color combination is my favorite.. Anyone elses? :bassist:

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm running a Cherry Sunburst, Maple Board, Black Guarded Ray5 through a Sansamp RBI. I like it. This combination to me is plenty versatile. That's all

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I love my Black/Maple 'Ray, but I love the black sparkle, white and white sparkle too!

4. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    I also have a Natural/Maple 3EQ... I also run it through an RBI and I also freakin Love it!

Woohooo! great sounding and looks awesome IMO.

Good choice. :bassist:

Give 'er a slap for me ;)

5. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    It;s too bad that they don't have this option anymore but I always loved the older rays in three tone sunburst with a white guard.

But this one also is a real looker... I love Off white...

[​IMG]

6. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    I love my stingray-- I use it for everything.

Couldn't resist to show it to the world: its white/white PG, I like how it isn't too showy. Been thinking about the perloid guard since I got it.

I'm still thinking...

7. sambass

sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    MA
    Im dyin here!

My Ray is in the shop:bawl:

8. Infect, congrats on your new 'Ray, and welcome to the Music Man club. ;)

My 'Ray is black/black pickguard with a rosewood board.

Blazer, I love white fretless basses with rosewood or ebony boards. Looks super classy.

Mike