1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bought me a new stingray :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeffrey A-Bomb, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well, I had some extra money and bought myself a new natural colored, maple fingerboard stingray 4 today. It's an awesome bass and has all the growl and rock rarr I'll ever need. I'm running it through my sansamp rbi and the tone is PERFECT for me. I'll post a pic soon, I'm too busy playing it right now :p Btw, after checking out all the colors, the natural woodgrain/maple color combination is my favorite.. Anyone elses? :bassist:

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm running a Cherry Sunburst, Maple Board, Black Guarded Ray5 through a Sansamp RBI. I like it. This combination to me is plenty versatile. That's all

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I love my Black/Maple 'Ray, but I love the black sparkle, white and white sparkle too!

4. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    I also have a Natural/Maple 3EQ... I also run it through an RBI and I also freakin Love it!

Woohooo! great sounding and looks awesome IMO.

Good choice. :bassist:

Give 'er a slap for me ;)

5. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    It;s too bad that they don't have this option anymore but I always loved the older rays in three tone sunburst with a white guard.

But this one also is a real looker... I love Off white...

[​IMG]

6. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    I love my stingray-- I use it for everything.

Couldn't resist to show it to the world: its white/white PG, I like how it isn't too showy. Been thinking about the perloid guard since I got it.

I'm still thinking...

7. sambass

sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    MA
    Im dyin here!

My Ray is in the shop:bawl:

8. Infect, congrats on your new 'Ray, and welcome to the Music Man club. ;)

My 'Ray is black/black pickguard with a rosewood board.

Blazer, I love white fretless basses with rosewood or ebony boards. Looks super classy.

Mike