Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought my QSC, thanks for all the help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, May 29, 2002.

1. Just wanted to thank everyone on the board for all the help and patience with my many threads lately concerning amps and power and cabs and etc. All the discussion was very helpful to me in addressing my needs.

I ended up ordering a QSC 1850HD poweramp. For me, it was the best bang for the buck. I am keeping my SVTIII-Pro for now and will use its pre-amp until I decide what I wanna do pre-amp wise. Plus I figure I'll have a backup poweramp in the rack :) AND, think of the exercise I'm going to get hauling that rack around! wooohooooo (whistling "always look on the bright side of life" from monty python)

I cant say enough about buying from Lord Valve. That dude rocks! Lowest prices anywhere, plus he's making me some custom length Speakon to 1/4 cables.

Gonna try this setup with my Ampeg cabs for now, but I'm still gas'ing for the Edens. More on it all when I actually receive and roadtest the QSC, etc.

Thanks again all, this board is invaluable (which is why I'm a supporting member)

Greg

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Good choice. I love mine, except when it comes time to load in or out!