1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bought Myself A Xmas Gift Lakland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jefft54, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Happy Holidays. I bought myself a xmas gift, a new Lakland Skyline 55-01. I currently have a Fender MIA P-Bass and wanted to get into a 5'er. WOW is the best description, having bought the Lakland based on the numerous positive recommendations at TB. The fit/finish is impecable, tight neck, good fretwork, perfectly set up right out of the box. I was amazed that all I had to do was tune up the strings, no setup, no tweaking. All I can say is if this is Lakland's "low-end", I can only imagine what their high-end basses are like. :bassist:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ps
    Will now be selling the Fender. If anyone is interested in an almost-new (Aug. '05) 4-string, pm me and I'll consider offers. I'll formally post it in the classifieds tommorrow when I have time.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a great bass man. Now that I have owned the 55-01 and 55-02, I have to agree with those who say the 55-01 has a bit more character (as in being distinctive). The 55-02 is more versatile, but the 55-01 really has character or a distinctive personality like a Stingray, Ken Smith, or Rickenbacker. If you like a bass with a specific sound, then the 55-01 is a great deal. :bassist:

3. Very distinct sound. Particularly after the P. But I wanted a more modern tone with a five and this one still delivers.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Thats a good looking bass. I had one exactly like it! Congrats!

5. It is nice looking. I'd really been gasing for the cherryburst but didn't want to spend the extra dollars to get the 55-02. But IT IS nice.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best with it , Enjoy :bassist:

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks nice, congrats.

8. Sweet.

Congrats and enjoy.

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Very nice indeed!

10. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Very nice. Merry Christmas! :)

11. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Very Nice and kodos to you.....Now What are you going to do with your G&L Tribute. :D