Bought Myself A Xmas Gift Lakland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jefft54, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Happy Holidays. I bought myself a xmas gift, a new Lakland Skyline 55-01. I currently have a Fender MIA P-Bass and wanted to get into a 5'er. WOW is the best description, having bought the Lakland based on the numerous positive recommendations at TB. The fit/finish is impecable, tight neck, good fretwork, perfectly set up right out of the box. I was amazed that all I had to do was tune up the strings, no setup, no tweaking. All I can say is if this is Lakland's "low-end", I can only imagine what their high-end basses are like. :bassist:
    Will now be selling the Fender. If anyone is interested in an almost-new (Aug. '05) 4-string, pm me and I'll consider offers. I'll formally post it in the classifieds tommorrow when I have time.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a great bass man. Now that I have owned the 55-01 and 55-02, I have to agree with those who say the 55-01 has a bit more character (as in being distinctive). The 55-02 is more versatile, but the 55-01 really has character or a distinctive personality like a Stingray, Ken Smith, or Rickenbacker. If you like a bass with a specific sound, then the 55-01 is a great deal. :bassist:
  3. Very distinct sound. Particularly after the P. But I wanted a more modern tone with a five and this one still delivers.
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Thats a good looking bass. I had one exactly like it! Congrats!
  5. It is nice looking. I'd really been gasing for the cherryburst but didn't want to spend the extra dollars to get the 55-02. But IT IS nice.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best with it , Enjoy :bassist:
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks nice, congrats.
  8. Sweet.

Congrats and enjoy.
  9. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Very nice. Merry Christmas! :)
  10. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Very Nice and kodos to you.....Now What are you going to do with your G&L Tribute. :D