Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bought New Practice Bass Amp Today! Its GRRREEEAAT!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Whitey, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Whitey

Whitey

Jan 8, 2002
    Beckley, WV
    I bought a new bass amp today. I needed a practice amp for the house as my big amp is in the church. I was going to get the Peavey Microbass Amp but stopped at a familiar Music Store(still a mom and pop place) that treats me great and all that I see them help. I bought a WASHBURN BAD DOG BD30B BASS AMP. It is a 30 watt amp. Plenty sufficient for practice. With a line out and through a PA system its really all I would need for church considering the great volume and tone from this amp. I think it is a great sounding amp. It handles the power well without fading or distorting out. It is clear and has a good deep tone for a30 watt practice amp. I am very pleased. I played probably 6 different amps by Peavey, Crate, Park, and RMS( these last two I had never heard of) and Fender's Bassman. This Washburn was just so good and great sounding and especially the fact that almost all the way up( I didn't go past 8) It still was clear and carrying the tone loud and tight. It was a steal at 135.00 for me I thought anyway. So anyone looking for a good practice amp, check these out. I didn't even know that Washburn made amps. By the way it has an Active and Passive input, bass, mid, treble and contour controls. A line out and line in and headphone plug.
    Sorry So long, I'm just excited!
    Whitey

2. Whitey: Congrats man! It's always great when you get a new piece of gear that fills a real need and you get it for a price you like.

I didn't know Washburn made amps either, let alone bass amps. Sounds like you can bring you big amp home and have it for other gigs.

3. Whitey

Whitey

Jan 8, 2002
    Beckley, WV
    Just moving this back up for some more feedback. Has anyone got any experience with Washburn Amps or know where any reviews have been done? Also, post me what you think about this amp. Thanks

4. Hey Man, Conrgrats on your Washburn purchase, I've been plugged and practicing through a Washburn BD30B for over a year, Take it from me, My 5-string was handled fairly easily, the B wasn't muddy at all.