1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boulder Creek EBR3-N4 vs. Ovation B778

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tony In Philly, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Tony In Philly

Tony In Philly Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    I have a need for a piezo driven bass as the guitarist in my band and I have lots of offers for "stripped down" type gigs. I'll take my Ovation Longneck guitar (DGCFAD tuned) out for a lot of tunes (I love the sound of that guitar) but there are other tunes where me playing a bass would be much better suited. So, what Acoustic Bass Guitar to go out and buy? We won't be bringing any amps -- just a PA -- so I want a nice acoustic bass sound to work through it that way. I have a long standing admiration for my Ovation Longneck that I've had for over a decade, thus making me tempted to pull the trigger on the Ovation B778 (at $2K), but I'm reading all these raves about the Boulder Creek EBR3-N4 for only $700. Apparently, it has the reputation as the best sounding natural acoustic sound of all of them:

Thoughts anybody?