1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bound and blocked Fender neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Beav, May 29, 2005.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I'm trying to find a bound and blocked rosewood neck for my Jazz bass and I'm trying to see what options are available. The only two I know of are from Warmoth and AllParts. I really want a neck that already has a Fender logo, because I really don't want to have to get a sticker cut for it. Buying one from Fender is out of the question because at this point they're only doing waranteed replacement necks. Is there an online source for finding a new bound and blocked neck with Fender decals already installed (or even without them)?

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Try buying a used neck from ebay.

You're not going to find another company selling their neck with a fender logo...it's not legal for them to.

3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I was hoping there might be an online company that had some NOS necks for sale. I've looked on eBay, but most of what I see are original necks.

4. Have you tried asking Fender? I believe they started selling parts.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Last week I called Fender to inquire about a '62 RI P bass neck and was informed that Fender does not sell any necks now and that they had quit doing so about a month ago. They directed me to Allparts.