Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bound and blocked Fender neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Beav, May 29, 2005.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I'm trying to find a bound and blocked rosewood neck for my Jazz bass and I'm trying to see what options are available. The only two I know of are from Warmoth and AllParts. I really want a neck that already has a Fender logo, because I really don't want to have to get a sticker cut for it. Buying one from Fender is out of the question because at this point they're only doing waranteed replacement necks. Is there an online source for finding a new bound and blocked neck with Fender decals already installed (or even without them)?

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Try buying a used neck from ebay.

You're not going to find another company selling their neck with a fender logo...it's not legal for them to.

3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I was hoping there might be an online company that had some NOS necks for sale. I've looked on eBay, but most of what I see are original necks.

4. Have you tried asking Fender? I believe they started selling parts.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Last week I called Fender to inquire about a '62 RI P bass neck and was informed that Fender does not sell any necks now and that they had quit doing so about a month ago. They directed me to Allparts.