Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boutique basses in Aurora IL??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Anyone know of any basses shops in Aurora ILL That I can try KenSmiths, MTD, Roscoes..etc,,I will be here until Sun,

Thanks.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Welcome to Aurora! T'aint no boo-teak basses here, boy. Where you staying?

Your best bets would be either Luthier's Access Group down south or Blueberry Hill up north - I don't know LAG's hours, and I'm not sure Jay has a storefront.

The immediately local stores aren't anything to write home about.

3. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I'm out at the STAYBRIDGE SUITES, I did see a Guitar center right across the street, I may check them out just for the heck of it. I dont know if I will have time to go to the other locations, but Thanks much for your help. :)

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Ah, you're almost in Naperville then. You may also want to try Hix Brothers music on the south end of the mall parking lot, about a mile south of you.

5. Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

Heavy, you know I went by there last night, they were closed, I saw them by mistake so I said I would look them up on the net, did not see much on the web site, looked more like a school for teaching people how to play :meh: but I will go to the store while they are open, who know???