1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boutique Guitar Showcase Tour (PICS)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wintremute, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Thank you for giving me more unneeded GAS :drool:. Also, thank you for the thoughtfulness and care that you put into providing us with all those wonderful photos. I commend you, sir! That said, TWO things really stand out to me:

1: A $7900 Dingwall gets you SYNTHETIC fret inlays. Really? That seems cheap of them.
    2: These expensive basses provided GIGBAGS, not a proper hardshell case.

What gives with this?????

2. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    You should go down there and check it out.

MattZilla and G19Tony like this.
  3. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Some say a great gig bag is better than a hardshell case.

4. I guess I've NEVER SEEN any of these mythical, great gigbags! Lol!

5. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    glad to see adamovic here.... they make some really fine stuff...

MattZilla likes this.
  6. This is a really creative design, and the more I look at it, the more nuggets there are. Different finishes, woods, inlays, hardware, and it looks like only the green parts are reliced! What's more, the colors don't clash too much. Thanks for sharing.

Wisebass and wintremute like this.
  7. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    They’re about $850 brand new. Much less used

MattZilla and G19Tony like this.
  8. MRlowend

MRlowend Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2015
    South East, Missouri
    The tour was just in Memphis, TN at Martin Music on 09/04/19. I wasn't able to make the trip so, I appreciate you sharing. :thumbsup:

wintremute likes this.
  9. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Looking back through the photos there is one thing that really stands out to me:

In the second photo of post #2, why is that woman in tears? Did her husband just spend their whole retirement account on some instruments? :laugh:

Wisebass likes this.
  10. Reunion Blues famously sticks a guitar in one of their Continental gig bags and huck it off the roof of their office building - then someone at ground level opens the bag, picks it up and plays it. I guess the Continental is probably better described as "semi-hard" case, but it's still gig bag format.

The really nice, high-end gig bags are a lot closer to a hard shell than the typical cheaper soft bags you'd get at your local guitar center included with your instrument.

11. Weberman

Weberman

Apr 8, 2014
    Nilbog, Ohio
    Cool instruments, Jeff, as always.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  12. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Her husband dropped one.

13. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    For my use I would rather have a Mono M80, Reunion Blues Continental Voyager, or a Leather Levy's Gigbag over any hard case you could give me. Matter a fact of the last 10-15 high end basses in the $3000-6500 range I have requested these gigbags over their Hard Case offerings.

Glenn Johnson likes this.
  14. Hmmm? I guess I'll have to check those out. Wonder if they make one for the Epiphone Jack Casady? Nah, that's just me talking crazy.

campbems likes this.
  15. Sheldon D.

Sheldon D.

Oct 3, 2001
    Shell requires the customer to apply and pay for a permit to import the bass into the US. There is also an added risk of it taking up to a week to be inspected by Fish and Wildlife. We'd rather an expensive bass not be handled by anyone but us and the customer.

Hardshells are heavy and provide a false sense of protection unless they are custom made. We've had more basses damaged in hardshells than gigbags.

wintremute likes this.
  16. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Can't wait to see you and your crew at NAMM!

Sheldon D. likes this.