1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bow Case

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by christopherewan, Mar 2, 2008.

1. christopherewan

christopherewan

Nov 15, 2006
    Freelance
    I have a bow case already, but it is not good at all.

I need something of quality that can hold 2 bows, one German and one French.

2. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
  3. Kenneth Foong

Kenneth Foong

Jul 11, 2007
    Singapore
    I actually just ordered one of those from Bob just a few days ago, though it was the single bow version. I opted for a black cordura covering with a navy blue velvet interior. I was getting pretty tired of not of having a case to store my bow in for those 'bow only' situations when you're actually using the orchestra's bass instead of your own. I'll let you know how things go but so far I've heard they're one of the best and the most reasonably priced in the market.

4. I have what looks to be that same case, and its held up well for many years. The only downside is its pretty bulky and is a tight fit in most bass bags, and a no-go in many. I doubt the double would fit in any non-custom pocket.

5. Kenneth Foong

Kenneth Foong

Jul 11, 2007
    Singapore
    Mine just arrive yesterday from Bob G. and I'm really loving it! Its a lot slimmer/slicker in reality as compared to what is seen in the picture. Its extremely lightweight and looks great! Only downside was that I didn't get the velvet blue that I wanted :atoz:. No matter, I bet this will serve me for a long long time.

6. jonas

jonas

Dec 9, 2003
    Frankfurt am Main/Germany
    Kontrabass-Atelier, Lando Music (Germany)
    These cases are Concord Cases (same company that makes the Eminence and the Christopher basses). They also offer a much more slender case for a single bow, that fits the bow pocket of the double bass bag.