Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bow dropping

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by god jr., Dec 13, 2001.

1. god jr.

god jr.

Dec 13, 2001
    talkbassies
    i was wondering if you could help me with a little problem i've been having lately. It seems that i have a really difficult time hanging on to my bow, especially in "the heat of the performance" or "when the pressure is on". Any suggestions? I'm tired of bringing my bow to the repair shop every month.

thanks a million,

bob
    (god jr.)

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    MINIMESSIAH,

My, what an unfortunate username you have. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone will shortly be leaving the building in the manner of Elvis.

3. With that monikar I suggest that you give up the bass and start playing the violin.

1. Violinists....We all know that they think the world revolves around them ( a.ka. messianic delusions). "That's why their heads are so large" quote the Jurassiac.

2. Their bows are a lot lighter which allows those with lesser (junior) strength to hang on to them.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Are you stabbing your sectionmate with your runaway bow?

Put some rosin on your fingertips.

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    ...and lay off the chips, pretzels and goobers on the break. Or at least wash your hands before the next set.