Bow quiver-attachment on NS?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bassisten, May 5, 2005.

1. bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi guys!

Just wanted to know if anyone of you've got a bow quiver attached to your NS-basses.

How do you do it?

Post some picks of how your quiver is installed... it would help me a lot. :bassist:
  2. Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    I just tied it to the tripod stand, but then again, I leave mine set up all the time. It would be a hassle if I were packing it up every night.
  3. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I got some double sided velcro, put the bottom loop beneath the lower clamp and the top loop above the clamp. I can break it down without removing the quiver.

Attached Files:

4. bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway

Nice pics, thanks a lot. :hyper:
  5. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I just got my NS EU6 yesterday and I had to figure this out too. Mine is set up a little different, I'll have to take some pics.....

Hey, dude with the 'cat' name (what do we call you?), I like your way. That would make setup quicker.
  6. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Can't wait for the pics :)

You can call me anything you like as long as there are no expletives involved (which would make a nice change)

Mr Cat (aka Johnny G)
  7. gurzil

Jul 24, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Hoping it is better to bump a crusty thread than start a new and spread out the information.

Got a quiver today (Reunion Blues), and I use the monopod. It attaches quite easily, and the end of the lower section of tubing keeps it at the right height for me. Someone who had it set for a lower height might have to put it below the fastener to keep it out of the way completely. Tightening the cords enough keeps it from swinging all the way to the back.

8. endorka

Oct 15, 2004
    Glasgow, Scotland
    That's a good one with the monopod, when I tried it like that it just flapped about and got in the way. I've resigned myself to tying the quiver to my music stand now - not ideal but it works well enough.