1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bow re-hair bay area

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by A. Munk, Jan 6, 2012.

1. A. Munk

A. Munk Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    san francisco bay area
    Looking for recommendations for a bow re-hair in the San Francisco bay area.
    Thanks

2. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    I used to use Ifshin. They do great rehairs, sometimes they had crappy black hair, I'd get the hair from best and take it to them.
    They used to have an incredible guy, a fireman who did bow rehairs on his offdays, who's father did the same. The last one lasted me a solid year of hard playing. I found a good place in Houston, thankfully.

3. notabene

notabene

Sep 20, 2010
    SF Bay area
    I got a rehair at Ishfin about a month ago. I am pleased with it.

Steven

4. Bassman415

Bassman415 I make the floor shake Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    The best bow repair person in the bay area is Bryan Campbell. Every bass player and other string players in the San Francisco Symphony takes their bows (sartory, vigneron, fetique, etc. get my drift lol?) to him for rehairs, restoration, & maintenance. He charges less than half of what John Greenwood would charge you and does impeccable work and will probably have it ready the next day. I wouldnt trust Ifshin or Feller because they associate a bass bow to a baseball bat. I have been using Bryan for my bow work for 3 years + and would not take it to anyone else. Private message me for his contact information if you'd like

5. Steve Swan

Steve Swan

Oct 12, 2004
    Burlingame, California
    Retailer: Shen, Sun, older European
    What is Bryan Campbell's contact information?