1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bow re-hair in LA, CA??

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by mocorob, Mar 18, 2009.

1. mocorob

mocorob

Apr 21, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Lisa Gass at LA Bassworks no longer does re-hairs, she said to go to any violin shop. Does anyone know who/where to go for the best hair/work in Los Angeles?

2. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    There is an excellent violin shop in Pasadena. My classical teacher thinks they do the best job. If you are interested, and there is more than one violin shop in Pasadena, PM me. I will see my teacher next Monday.

Otherwise, World of Strings.

3. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    You could send it to Robertson's in NM. They are highly recommended.

4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vita Dolce Violins, near Sunset Blvd & Vermont - 323-644-1701; Has Weisshar in Larchmont Village used to do rehairs, but I don't know now. Vita Dolce are VERY good and very reasonable.

Louis

5. I've been taking some lessons with David Young and he highly recommends world of strings. The unbleached white. His bow is definitely nice and grabby without excess noise. I had my last rehair done at Stein on Vine and haven't been happy with the quality of the hair although the workmanship was good.

BTW, just had Lisa Gass put in a new soundpost and shave my bridge. I'm embarrassed with the setup I had previously. My bass feels like a new instrument. She does great work.