Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bow suggestions for EUB's - NS

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by onkelpo, Mar 14, 2006.

1. onkelpo

onkelpo

Dec 1, 2004
    UK
    Sorry if this seems a very basic question to many of you, but can anyone suggest an appropriate bow for my NS ?
    Coming from a Pop/Rock backgound I have no knowledge in this field. I'm sure there are good and bad ones out there and maybe those more suitable for use with an EUB.
    Any comments welcome but bear in mind its a leaning curve so initially don't want to spend too much for one.
    Thanks

2. enyapj18

enyapj18

Jul 23, 2005
    Asheville, NC
    If you’re looking for a good inexpensive bow, Bob Golihur Brazilwood bows run about $150 & Upton Brazilwood bows run about $99. Both bows have gotten many favorable reviews by talk bassers and are considered by many a very good deal for the price. You could get a fiberglass bow for less, but from my personal experience with fiberglass bows I'd recommend going with a brazilwood.

John

3. gvb1

gvb1

Jul 10, 2005
    San Anselmo Ca
    I have 5 bows both french and german. The one I use the most is a bow that has been cut down to 22 inches. It works perfectly in tight situations and especially good on the EUB.I have two Glasser fibreglas bows that work just fine. Unless you are playing in the Symphony it is best to keep the cost down. Once you get really good then buy a $3,000 bow.