Bowled a 300!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Barfly, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    ...on my cell phone.

Actually, I did witness a buddy shoot a real 287 while he was pissed to the gills.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Highest I've ever bowled was a 183. The culmination of a 3 or 4 week bowling binge, bowling 2 or 3 times a week.
  3. I was a pretty serious bowler when I was younger. The last league I was in was a mixed doubles league and one of our matches had a 300 in it - against us!! I only shot a 247 and couldn't help us out any.:spit:
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Any time my score goes above 100 it's Miller Time (tm). :cool:
  5. I saw some guy bowl a 300 once. He actually lived like, 5 houses down from me too.

The best I've bowled was a 194 I think.
  6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

heh, i usually don't even start bowling until well after miller time...which is probably why my score ever gets past 100...
  7. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Best line ever...Tom Arnold, the Jackie Thomas Show:

paraphrase...."I'm gonna be a Pro Bowler...I can make like $5k in 6 months!!!"
  8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    did you get his autograph? :p
  9. MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
    last time I bowled, I got a 74 or so. I won the game and I was playing against 5 other people.
  10. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm lucky if I get double digits....sober.

I suck at bowling...but I did get a strike on a money shot! I got a whole 5 dollars!!
  11. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

what's a "moneyshot," in this context? :confused:
  12. The beswt I've managed was a 201, and that was more luck than skill. But I won a Nerf dart gun out of it!! Thank God for company parties.:D

Rock on
  13. I used to bowl pretty well. I'm actually not sure what my best score was. I think in the 250, 260 range. Most strikes in a row probably 6-8. (you need 12 for a 300). I never got that big hook the really high scorers use.
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have broken 100 a couple of times.:hyper:
  15. I can safely say that, next to auto racing, bowling is the most technical sport I can think of. With the advent of technology, things can get pretty detailed. Pro bowlers are concerned with everything from the particular resin used in their balls to lane oil patterns and lane composition. And that's just the "outside" factors. The "inside" factors are all of the ergonomics required to roll a ball in such a precise manner. When you figure that a pro candidate must hold a 210 average for 2 years in standard league play (that means less than 1 open framer pe game on average), it's apparent how high the skill level is for this sport.
  16. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

I was present to see a guy bowl a 900!!!!! In league play. Apparently this has only been done a handful of times and he will, (if not allready has, happened a few years back), be entered into Guiness. It was one of the most surreal scenes ever...our local alley going dead silent during the 9th and 10 frames. The next to last ball went just a lil off....I mean micro millimeter type off...but since he had thrown so many perfect balls prior you could just tell something was up with this ball. It went a lil wide but spun back in and wham! The last ball was just perfect text book. I had never heard a more quite event in my a bowling alley!!!!
  17. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

now, the scoring in bowling seems quite mysterious to me, what with the strikes and spares and stuff, but i'm pretty sure that a 300 is the highest possible score for a single game.
  18. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yep...for a single game. He had 3 perfect 300 games in a one night, over the course of a couple hours!!!!
  19. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I used to bowl on a league... for 12 years... once a week on Tuesdays... same league. My best average: 180; my best game ever: 288...

...but get this: my brother, who lives in Tulsa, was a bowling fool! He practically lived at Sheridan Lanes. For about a 3-year span, he was bowling something like 6 nights a week! He has the dubious distinction of bowling three... 299 games! Talk about 'choking'... :rollno: He seldom bowls anymore, and he never got that perfect game, either... :crying:
  20. One of my first jobs was working at our local lanes, running events and teaching people how to bowl (not that I was any good myself when I first started). We used to say that 100 was a good social score - my highest was a 287 (after about 2 and half years of working/playing league). Would love to get back into it one day - the people are great, but it is so expensive!