1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bowling: is the dream gone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Oct 5, 2008.

1. This weekend myself and my brother travelled home for his birthday to see my parents. We decided basically since myself and him individually were getting more into bowling we should get him some gear (i already had some). bowling alleys in new jersey currently run around 5 dollars a game per person. This is worrisome considering my brother (32) can recall in his childhood games costing like 50 CENTS, nowhere near the amount charged today.

is this similar other areas of the nation? my folks are planning on moving out of state, maybe out of country, in a couple years (IE when myself and my sister have each finished college) .

any good states to go where bowling is on the cheap?

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    the-big-lebowski-3.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    My local bowling alley has a 15 dollar bowl all night special sometimes. Usually about 3 bucks a game otherwise.

4. I haven't been in a few years, but last time I went I think it cost $12 for shoe rental and two games.

lowsound

5. getfunky

getfunky

Jun 12, 2008
    Kentucky
    Simple economics my man... supply, demand, inflation. The more people want to bowl, the higher the price will go.

6. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    for me up here it costs around 3.50-5 bucks a game plus 2.50 or so for shoes

depending on where you go, if its "cosmic bowling" or wtv

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    One of the lanes here has a $8 lane and shoe rental for three hours, plus fries and a coke. We'll get six or seven games in.

Only bad thing is that if your not done with a game by the time your limit is up, you don't get to finish.

8. When I opened this thread, I thought you were going to mention something along the lines of Bowling Alone, but you did not. I am so disappointed in you right now :mad:

:p

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Bowling is really the best and most accepted alternative to suicide. You know, "I don't know whether to kill myself or go bowling."

10. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

Fixed.

11. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I like bowling!!

But yeah it does get expensive. Just rent a lane for an hour or two and bowl as fast as possible.

12. I sign up for brunswick lanes email coupons. I usually get a "one hour fre" coupon, and a .99 cent bowling a game, up to 10 games. These come every week or so, sometimes once every two weeks, which is enough for my use. But if I were to pay regularly, it would cost a heckuv alot. Shoes are 2-3 bucks a person, and games are 4-5 a person. I love it though, its a great date thing.