Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bowlus Bass Borg GTG - Resistance is futile!

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by tombowlus, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Okay, y'all, this doesn't happen very often, but it looks like I am going to have the house to myself the weekend of Feb 24-26th, 2006! So, I can't think of anything better to do than to make some noise with by bottom-dwelling buds. :D

I am up for having people stop by any time from Friday night through Sunday afternoon. Talking to some folks, it seems like Friday night is better for some, while Saturday night is better for others. I can do both. Heck, I live here! :p My house is no castle (and is in fact quite meager, relative to my bass gear collection), and I guarantee it to be very cluttered with kids toys, etc. But, there is ample room for people to crash, and I would welcome people to do so. Especially people who like single malt scotch. ;)

So, if you can make it, please respond to this thread and let me know. Please also tell me when you hope to be here, and whether or not you will be staying over.

The password (passphrase, really) to get in is "All hail the mighty Sadowsky SA200, I do not doubt its virtues!" :p

Hope to see lots of you later this month!

Tom.

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm tentatively in. Trying to work it out with my wife based on some family plans we're also trying to work in this month, which I hope will fall on either this weekend or next, leaving the 24th open. We'll see. If I'm able to come, I'll definitely be bringing my Marilyn, and at least one other bass.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'll be there Friday evening for sure. I have a gig Saturday, so probably won't be able to make it then. Can't wait to meet everyone that makes it! Yea verily, I have seen the magic that is the SA200! Tom and I also have another bout of GAS coming simultaneously, but that's for later!

4. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I'm in! I just have to work out the details on which day...

5. I'm in for at least a few hour visit.

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Ooooo man, I'd love to come. I'd be tentative at best, given all my family stuff, I'm getting my own place & dont know if I'll be able to make it.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I hope you can make it Friday when I'm there Ken!

8. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    where are you at?
    (I am north of detroit)

9. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    BTW, if my family plans conflict, I might actually take a day off work and come on Friday if I can cram it in that way. FWIW, anyway.

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Southeast of Toledo (just south of Port Clinton and the Erie Islands). Zip code is 43420.

Tom.

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    So we'd take 80/90 to 53 and your place is before we get to Port Clinton?

12. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I'll try to make it. Friday is probably better for me, too, assuming nothing pops up. Obviously, I don't need to be bringing any amps, but i might drag my modded Marcus Miller (I'll be real interested to see how it stacks up agains cheeze's DJ4, as they'be both got the same vibe going, ash jazz with Aeros.) and maybe my Tacoma, if anyone is interested. I could bring my BBE/QSC rig too, but I think Tom's got the amp thing covered.

13. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Actually, Pat and I both have DJ4's (I have Pat's old one, and Pat now has Pat's old old one :p). I also have a Thunderchief, but mine is the all-mahogany version, so it could be cool to hear the differences between the two!

Tom.

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I am just barely south of the Turnpike, and almost right off Rt. 53. Anyone can PM me for directions. It is very easy to find.

Tom.

15. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Wish I could afford to come to Ohio for the weekend :)

16. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Sounds like a plan. What preamp does your Tacoma have in it? I've got mine strung with some Nylon Tapewounds right now.

17. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Fishman Prefix. The strings are stock, and appear to be phosphor-bronze.

Tom.

18. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I'm a tentative yes as well...Vic would most likely be my ride, so if he goes, I'll be there. I don't have many fun toys, but I'll bring something or other.

19. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

DUDE!!! I'm in too!!!!!
    Jason, buzz me (same with you ken) and we'll swing on down together!!
    My Fodera Garrison will be there as well as a six pack (or 4) of Bass Ale!!!!! (Bass like the fish, not Bass like the guitar-get it?!?!?).

Tom I'm sure you have an AI Focus 1 (series 3) lying around don't ya?? If not, I could bring it with me. It's a pain, but I'm sure I could find room!!;)

:bassist:

20. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Awesome! Yes, it will be nice to get to finally meet you, Mike, but pardon me for being equally excited about the Bass Ale! :D

Actually, I do not own an AI amp/head, so if you could bring one, that would be killer! Be sure to lift with the legs, though, and not the back! Oh wait, I thought I was talking to Ken there for a moment. :bag: :p

Tom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.