1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bows Galore!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by MaxJohnson, Mar 18, 2013.

1. MaxJohnson

MaxJohnson

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Albert Nurnberger German Bow - A smooth, full sounding shop bow, in the style of this legendary maker. It's feels much lighter than it is, and has an excellent balance and control. Weight: 1551.g, Length (tip to end of screw): 29 7/8 inches, Usable Hair Length: 21 7/8 inches $750

W. Germany Stamped French Bow - Another great round stick bow from the shop of Conrad Gotz, stamped W. Germany. This is old stock, so it's unplayed and in fantastic condition. A very well balanced heavier bow for those of you who like to put some weight in that string! Weight: 150.8g, Length (tip to end of screw): 28 ½ inches, Usable Hair Length: 21 3/4 inches $500

Unmarked German Shop German Bow – A great old german shop bow, from the early 1900's. Great balance, nice feel, great price! Weight: 145.9g, Length tip to end of screw): 29 ¾ inches, Usable Hair Length: 22 5/8 inches $500

Old French Bow – This is an OLD french bow, with unknown origin. It's light and the stick has straightened, but it handles very well and has a great bounce to it. It is currently fitted with black hair and has a nice clear sound. Weight: 112g, Length tip to end of screw): 28 1/8 inches, Usable Hair Length: 22 inches $300

Kay German Bow - A great american beater bow in pretty good condition. Handles well, pulls a good sound, with black hair. $150 Weight: 162g, Length tip to end of screw): 30 1/2 inches, Usable Hair Length: 22 7/8 inches $150

I also have two other Kay German bows that don't have hair on them, but I will sell for $60 each.

2. Any pictures?

3. MaxJohnson

MaxJohnson

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have several pictures of all the bows, PM your email and I'd be happy to send them.

4. MaxJohnson

MaxJohnson

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    MAKE ME AN OFFER!

5. MaxJohnson

MaxJohnson

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    bump