Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

boy, ALL the forums are talkin' bout us these days.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Aug 23, 2002.

1. http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=216467&lastpost=2002-08-2318:23:06

from pretty much the opposite perspective of the tabcrawler post we were looking at, this one's from the FDP. they have some pretty, eh, strange notions of us - seem to think we love the ibanez soundgear, f'r instance, when i believe it's probably the most roundly-bashed bass here. oh well.

i just think it's interesting to get two outside perceptions of our community that vary so wildly.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's always the same thing.

Other forums are crappy, we guys are the best.
    I see this in all forums I know.

3. Thats actually quite funny. Title of Thread over there:

How come you guys are nicer than the guys over at talkbass?

quotes that made me laugh:

"Some of those guys are kind of MEAN"

"When I say something "stoopid" at TB I can almost hear the Beavis and Butthead snears and snickers. People are polite and tactful at the FDP while still being direct, or even confrontational." <---- heeheeheeheehee thisth rulesth... :rolleyes:

"Talkbass is cool, but is a little too dominated by know nothing kids and a couple know everything people." <---- but i DO know everything lol.

"We're not only nicer, but we're better-looking too." <---- i think Gard should be offended by that haha

"Why are their tag-lines longer than their posts?" <---at what point do people forget its TB they are supposed to be talking about... not TC....

Andy Daventry and Gweimer backed up TB good on ya!

:D:D

Merls

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm with Jazz Ad. Everyone thinks they are the best. And apparently, that THEY are FAR more laid back and fun to hang with. All of them?

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    26,000+ members? yeah, I wonder how many of THEM are "wankers"

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Have you noticed everyone else has an opinion of TalkBass, but other forums are only brought up here when they're talking about us?

I like that.:D

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I like that too, actually. :D

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ditto

9. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Mr. Obvious in action. Yes, YOU dhc. :p

10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I think we are so popular, because when you type in "bass" at a search engine, talkbass always comes up, because it has covered everything!!

Anyway, at least we are getting good reviews :D

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Me four.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i like this post...

"It seems like when a bratty little voice shows up here (fender forum), he's not around too long. I do like the TB Forum, it's just a little too "clique-ish" or something. "

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

would you like some mustard with your contradiction?

13. yo big bohn its "captain obvious";)

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i wonder if chris greene is going to come over here now and DEMAND that we take this thread down. :rolleyes: anybody remember that? :D that was funny.

15. Can't say i do.....

Merls

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And his faithfull sidekick Oblivious Lad (they work in a team. They compliment each other's powers, actually. :D)

17. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    This must have been when you were in your talkbass coma, where you (and me a like) refused to come here :D

Its hard to believe that we are so big and popular...WOO im finally in something popular!! *dances round*

18. I never refused to come here. I just had a life and nothing on TB interested me for about 2 months.

But i came back with a vengeance and reclaimed a position in the Top 20. I was number 9... now i am number 17 or something hmm damn SPAMMING ohhh sshhh.

Merls

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    *Raises beer mug*
    Fellas, here's to us......the big boys!
    :cool:

20. funkfish

funkfish Guest