Boy am I glad MF double boxes their basses...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DanBass, Apr 4, 2012.

1. DanBass

DanBass Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    Or anyone shipping one - got my birthday acoustic bass today and the one corner was pretty much blown out of the outer box. Thankfully the inner box along with the bass were unscathed, but wow..

Thanks for dragging it out of the back of the truck for the last few miles.... :(

My inital reaction when it arrived was :eek: :scowl:

Three cheers for the double box.

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Interesting. They usually don't.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Yeah, I am in Canada and I only got a single box for my Squier VM Fretless Jazz, I'd like to think that it is a piece of spit due to shipping damages, but I think it was before they shipped it...

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    They shipped my EBMM Ray5 in a single. That said, the bass did come in a hardshell, so.........

5. DanBass

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    The inner and the outer box both had the manufacturer's name and info, so at least they were cognizant of the value of safe and secure packing. My guess is it was double boxed from the factory - usurping the single box possibility...

Because you never know when that stick of dyanamite might be set off near the box. :eyebrow:

6. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I have got three through mail 1-UPS and 2-Fedex and all were double boxed, first box is mfg.'s box with writing and logo Etc. and second box plain cardboard has nothing at all on it except to/from and sku .. all should be double boxed, no one cares anymore in how things are handled ..

7. You got the Dean? How is it?

O yeah, no pic=no bass Talkbass rules! :p

8. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    They sent you two boxes? The moral thing to do would be to contact them and see how they want you to send back the second one.

Zing!

9. DanBass

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    I did indeed... The case comes tomorrow (found for a song on ebay - $60 how could I go wrong).. Many thanks to my wife... A good gift indeed.

I had delivered to my office, so I only inspected - it's waiting on me in the corner - I will post some pics tonight. :)

10. AmazingMumford

AmazingMumford Supporting Member

May 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    At US$299--not counting the constant 15% discounting at the big chain stores--a second box probably cost more than the insurance.... :D

Still, there's been a lot of TB love for all varieties of the non-"Special" Squire VMs. Any particular complaints? OT, I know, but I'm in the market for a beater for my teenage son, who doesn't seem to recall how the volume knob on my favorite bass got bashed in--cockeyed, barely turns, some finish damage. :mad::rolleyes::help: (By "beater," I mean "inexpensive but serviceable bass," not "one who thrashes the #&%^! tar out of others.") He's just lucky it wasn't something of my dad's--the real bashing would have occurred after the fact.

Say...I wonder if UPS or FedEx are hiring minors?

11. cgenebrewer

cgenebrewer Guest

Mar 26, 2012
    Boston
    hahahahaha

12. Get this if you buy a used bass from MF like i have done and its something low like a squier they just ship in in single thin way to over sized box with a little cloth thing wrapped around the bass and some packaging paper thrown it-its rather ridiculous.

13. bunkaroo

bunkaroo

Apr 25, 2003
    I guess I got lucky when I ordered my Spector Euro from them a few years back. They don't come with a case, but I ordered the Spector hardshell with it. Thankfully they had the sense to put the bass in the case before they shipped it.

I bought a guitar from Zzounds a while ago and the case was in its own box next to the guitar in an outer box.