boy do new strings make a difference

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by thrashermatt, Mar 14, 2006.

1. thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    so the main bass i play (fender MIM jazz) has had the same old strings for way too long, recently i have become unhappy with my tone and sound coming from the ampeg svt 350h and the bse410hlf, i've been laid off of work for the past 3 months so new strings aren't exactly my top priority right now, but little did i know there was a brand new pair of ernie balls in my closet that i stumbled across... i put these babies on and magically my svt350h turned into a V4 and my 410 turned into an ampeg810, boy did those strings make a difference, the tone sounded awesome! I also noticed the major volume increase while playing, the old flat strings really steal a lot of volume from you and these seemed to blast out power!! just venting on a good night of bass playing...
    note to self: call work about layoff... then buy new strings more often with money
  2. thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    just realized i should of probably put this in the string forum....oops:bag:
  3. MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Yeah... I just changed my strings after 2 years... Wow. Sounds soooooo good. especially slapping.
  4. my E and A strings are year old Ernie Ball hybrid slinkys...

the D and G strings are the stock ones that came on the squier....

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Wow. I change my strings about every 3 shows