1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

boy do new strings make a difference

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by thrashermatt, Mar 14, 2006.

1. thrashermatt

thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    so the main bass i play (fender MIM jazz) has had the same old strings for way too long, recently i have become unhappy with my tone and sound coming from the ampeg svt 350h and the bse410hlf, i've been laid off of work for the past 3 months so new strings aren't exactly my top priority right now, but little did i know there was a brand new pair of ernie balls in my closet that i stumbled across... i put these babies on and magically my svt350h turned into a V4 and my 410 turned into an ampeg810, boy did those strings make a difference, the tone sounded awesome! I also noticed the major volume increase while playing, the old flat strings really steal a lot of volume from you and these seemed to blast out power!! just venting on a good night of bass playing...
    note to self: call work about layoff... then buy new strings more often with money

2. thrashermatt

thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    just realized i should of probably put this in the string forum....oops:bag:

3. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Yeah... I just changed my strings after 2 years... Wow. Sounds soooooo good. especially slapping.

4. my E and A strings are year old ernie ball hybrid slinkys...

the D and G strings are the stock ones that came on the squier....

:help:

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Wow. I change my strings about every 3 shows

Rob