1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boy gets rig, annoys neighbors.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Money, May 12, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So, I am officially pushing 800w @ 4 ohms into an Avatar Neo 410 via a Kustom Groove Bass 1200HD.

Its very very loud.

2. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    nice! my problem with those high volumes at home isn't my neighbors, but the way that it makes the windows rattle, and the pictures fall off the wall ! it certainly is funny though to see the dog scamper off... i don't think that he likes the low frequencies

:bassist:

3. hahahaha, i could very easily annoy the hell out of my neighbours too, im thinking about getting back to hooking my bass amp up as the sub for my CD player

4. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I just had a look at your pics section - how is the Firebass connected in the pic? Is it bi-amped?

5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Me got rig and annoy my Drummers. much better for my sence of worth....and its only a MB SA450 + 1210 but its louder than my drummer can get so after years of being in the background im now more up front. the band(s) sound better as well

6. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2962193&postcount=325

I explained it all in that post, the firebass is putting out its full range signal to the two 4 ohm peavey cabs, but the high out is going to a peavey classic 30 guitar cab etc etc, full setup is in that post :)

7. paulraphael

paulraphael

Apr 13, 2006
    Brooklyn
    If you heard me play, you'd stop reading what I write.
    When i first plugged in my my epi 310 and stewart amp, my neighbor (a good friend) called 30 seconds later. He said,
    "I don't know what that is, but I'll give you $100 to take it right back wherever you got it."

8. haha .. sounds like your neighbour's got a sense of humour.

9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

It all depends upon how your house is arranged.

I've got a full-bown home theater with a 1200 watt sub and seven 100W channels. I've pushed it up to insane levels, and walked outside to see how loud it is. The room is extremely well insulated, and surrounded by a concrete foundation on three sides -- it's really not very loud outside. Inside, though, it's another story -- the rest of the house vibrates like it's the apocalypse. When we still lived in an apartment, the sub could shake the whole building.

However, my new Bergatino IP 310 (1000 watts), is located upstairs, and I know I had to be heard by the whole neighborhood yesterday when I cranked it up. :D :bassist:

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That's hilarious.:D

11. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    for some reason, none of that made any sense to me....

12. i didn't even know MM played bass...

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I'm thinking of getting that same amp so I can have 800W total for my two 8ohmers.

14. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I think this rig was made specifically for my G&L.

15. What kinda G&L do you use with it?

On the "getting-your-neighbours-annoyed"-apartmet, I'm the king. I've hade the coming over with just the Kustom in my sig (it's 16 W, but preforms as good as the Hartke). But when I got the Hartke I don't need to crank up the vol. so much as I had with the Kustom to get a nice sound, so the visitrate has dropped :crying: :D

16. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I got all you guys beat, I pissed off my neighbors by jamming, quietly I might add, on my Peavey 15 watt practice amp at 4:45 in the afternoon. Top THAT for anal retentive.

17. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV

I have for sale in the for sale forum ;)

I could piss off my drummer pretty quick with my groovebass and avatar 212. I can only imagine how much quicker I'll be able to do it with my new SVT.

18. In my old neighborhood lived an ooollllllddd lady whose husband had died about 40 years earlier when they were about 70. Anyway, it had been yyyyeeeaaarrrsssss since anyone had actually seen her. Once, her detached garage had burned down after her car caught fire at 4am and four fire engines with sirens blarin' did not wake her; she slept thru the whole thing.

Well would you believve that several years later right after I got my first SVT and was crankin' that she made her presence known (purple hair, a knit sleeping cap, an overcoat, in the summer!) and preceded to tell me, "When are you gonna stop that awful racket? I was trying to read my Reader's Digest and I was feeling the vibrations coming up thru the bed."

I didn't know who the hell she was. I'd never seen her before. It was awhile before I figured it out after talking to other neighbors who were stunned that she came out.

19. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    Anyone ever jam with your band outside? LOL its great.... my band played outside at our drummer's house and I guess his neighbors didn't like our music or something as the cops showed up like an hour into our practice session. They said that they had several neighbors call in about loud music and some were pretty far away from his house, it was funny.

20. Aha, YOU were that loud youngster who used to live next door.