1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boy throws rocks at cars, gets shot by crossbow.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by -Kramer-, Jan 9, 2012.

1. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Who drives around with a loaded crossbow!? Who is accurate enought with said crossbow to hit a kid on the side of the road!?

2. Disclaimer: I do not endorse shooting people for throwing rocks at cars, and tend to place some responsibility for this event on rock-boys parent/guardian(s)...
    That said, people sure do some stupid things, don't they?

3. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Watch this start a bunch of "Arrow to the stomach" jokes.

4. Darryl.

And though I don't condone street justice, I'll bet the little punk thinks twice about throwing rocks at cars.

How do they know he was throwing rocks at cars anyway? Did he confess? Was there a witness?

5. Yup.

6. Who is this guy?? :confused:

7. Who's really surprised at some crazy packing a crossbow?

8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Kid's lucky it was a crossbow and not a gun.

9. I think shooting the kid with a crossbow was a bit much (I say "kid," but he was 16). Still, I have a hard time feeling bad for him. Someone who gets his jollys throwing rocks at cars is probably capable of worse...

10. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Crossbows are still used for hunting and it would seem that the bolt used was for target shooting, not hunting. A hunting tip is the same as what's used on other hunting arrows and they're freakin' sharp. They also cause a lot of damage, internally.

Also, there are many types of crossbows. The big, hunting crossbows are too big to maneuver in a small SUV but the little one I have that's more of a novelty could easily have been used.

11. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Darryl.

12. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    "Spartans! Tonight...we dine in hell!"

13. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
  14. ...as always, well done, sir.

;)

As for the rock thrower: next time, don't throw the rock, and most likely you won't get a crossbow bolt in your belly.

/thread.

15. I once threw baked potatoes at cars. Didn't get shot at w/anything, but I know now that was rather stupid.

16. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    predator.

17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    And this is why St. Sebastian is the patron saint of rock throwers everywhere...

429px-Sodoma_003.

18. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    We've all done daft things as kids I suppose, but this is a little more like premeditated serious injury/manslaughter imo. There have been a fair amount of incidents here, mainly just to see the result, car crash material.

19. Did you include some butter and sour cream?

Seriously, I was in a drivers ed class trying to avoid points on my DL. I was doing 70 in a 55mph construction zone, I missed the sign because I was passing a semi. Anyway, the class was about half dedicated to DUI material and half dedicated to road rage. (Ok, what does this have to do with me, I was speeding because I missed a construction zone sign. I wasn't drunk or pissed off at anyone). During the road rage part they showed us a 48 hours episode where a guy got into a horn blowing, light flashing episode, he and the other vehicle pulled over, and when two men approached his car he went to the trunk, pulled out his crossbow, and killed one of them. When asked in his prison interview if he'd do it again, he said yes, he'd have to protect himself and his family. Makes me think before I flip asshats off on the road. I still do it, I just think about it more now.