Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bozzio/Sheehan - Nine Short Films

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JMX, Sep 5, 2003.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I just got this album - and I LOVE it!!!!

...am I a perverted sicko?!?!? :eek: :confused:

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Well, I haven't heard the CD, but any album with Billy Sheehan and Terry Bozzio can't be all bad. In fact, it must be pretty good.

As an aside, anybody that enjoys Steve Morse and Dave LaRue on "Cruise Control" must be pretty cool too. I love that CD.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I bought it on a whim, and I really like it. I hadn't ever hear Billy Sheehan's stuff, though I was familiar with Bozzio. You're not the only perverted sicko, here, JMX.

My only dissapointment? The one appearance of a guitar. Ick.

My copy was stolen out of my car a week after I bought it (damn you, New Orleans!). Time to go buy another, I guess.

4. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    ugh. Yeah you are sick JMX! jk

Well,, personally i CANT STAND IT. TO ME, the music isn't strong enough to stand on its own feet, extra unneccesary chops from Bozzio dont save it,, and CERTAINLY his SINGING puts the final nails in the coffin IMO.

But hey, if you love it, thats great! That means you didnt waste 15 bucks to buy it.

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    The singing kills it for me too! I had high hopes for it too:(

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I can get by the singing, I'm with JMX.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's all the edges that I like, has a 80ish feel to it, like a Slickaphonics album.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I like the vocals. They fit the overall sound. I think it would be ridiculous to hear Bozzio doing that "I love you Punky!! Your lips are so sweet!" thing.