Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BP-8 Effects Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by woodster, Apr 28, 2004.

1. woodster

woodster

Apr 24, 2004
    This may be a dumb question,but here goes.Does anyone have this problem:when useing the factory preset clean octave effect,it distorts badly,any suggestions of what i might be doing wrong?

I`m old school and not use these these new things
    thank you.

2. Bass of Galt

Bass of Galt Guest

Mar 25, 2004
    Scrotillia Falls
    Have you tried editing the parameters and saving it to a user location?

Often times the different factory presets increase the gain on various effects which overload the whole chain. There's no way to predict which presets will do this unless you try them out with every bass ever made in every configuration. So while I may have never had the same issue with preset you're talking about - others did produce the distortion you spoke of.

Everytime I had this problem with the BP-8 the "pre-amp" or compressor was the culprit. Either take it out - or adjust the gain in edit mode.

3. woodster

woodster

Apr 24, 2004
    Thank you.
    Effects boxs are nice,but i`d like them better if manufactures made it so you could change parameters faster on the fly!!

4. Bass of Galt

Bass of Galt Guest

Mar 25, 2004
    Scrotillia Falls
    yeah I know what you mean.

I'm not sure how they'd do that though - they keep adding more effects and options to tweak.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I definitely agree with you there, which is why I love the new boss me-50b.

I had a bp-8, and it was reasonably simple to change on the fly, if not a particularly intuitive process. The boss gt-6b I found completely overwhelming, I like how the me-50b scaled back it's ambitions and just concentrates on doing a few things really well - i.e. the overdrive on it is the best multi fx overdrive I've heard.

6. Bass of Galt

Bass of Galt Guest

Mar 25, 2004
    Scrotillia Falls
    I have the GT-6B in the mail right now - should be here monday. I sold my BP-8 to pay for it. I was looking for more effects - but also hoping to get more use out of it live - on the fly.

Oh well - I'll just have to dig in. :D