Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BP Magazine "Lifetime Achievement Award" goes to....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Uncle Will.

It was announced last night by David Letterman on the Late Show, Will Lee has been awarded the

"Lifetime Achevement Award"

from Bass Player Magazine. How cool is that? Congrats to Will, he has inspired many of us and definitely deserves the recogniton, and this award. :cool:

2. Um...2 hours is a little quick.

"This here is a mat. It has conclusions on them, that you jump to..."

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Not everybody sits on TB all day on Saturdays. Some of us have to work.

Will rules. And he's such a snappy dresser, too.

I wouldn't have wanted to make that decision as to who gets that award. I'd have thought Lee Sklar or Tony Levin first, myself.

4. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Its also the weekend, so we may not have the ability to jump on the Internet as often as usual.

That's fantastic about Will Lee. I'm sorry I missed that episode.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I haven't seen Letterman much since he was backed by the "Worlds most dangerous band"... I ditched TV forever ago.

I miss seeing Uncle Will, he is a monster. I use to sweat over the thought of "Making it"... because that would mean I'd have to do my thing on *his* stage. Man, they are some shoes to fill.

6. LEE! Lee rules. He will ALWAYS rule!

"That's the WORST idea... I've ever heard."

"Why does it says paper jam when there IS NO PAPER JAM!?!"

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Well, it took me a while to respond since I was at bass player live SEEING Will Lee getting presented with said prize.

He was very cool and gracious in his talk, and made sure to namecheck all the musicians he had absorbed over the years.

8. yeah, Will Lee definatly deserves the award...he really can play about anything...he always blows me away every time i watch letterman...come to think of it, the CBS orchestra is 3/4 the reason i watch letterman! they are really amazing!

btw, aren't Shroeders, Nordstrands, and presidential elections great? :D

Charlie

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Late getting here also. I think it is cool that he got it. Not the person(s) I was expecting. But very happy who got it.