Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BP Markbass Amp AD request

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Nov 16, 2003.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I have heard that Markbass Amplifier started an AD campaign on the most recent BP issue.

Since i am italian (Markbass is an italian company www.markbass.it ), since i use their amps and since BP is still not arrived to my usual seller i would love to see this AD.

Is there anyone (BP aficionado) who can make a scan of this page?

thanks a lot

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    [​IMG]

i mean, a bigger version of this.

i would love to read the ad. this is too small...
    ;)

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    "Let's face it, not very much new and exciting has hit the pro bass amplification scene lately ...until now. Italian designer Marco Virgiliis has created a new line of bass amplification products exclusively for the pro performing and recording bassist.

Mr. Virgiliis has designed and built a series of amplifiers that feature low-profile toroidal transformers and extremely lightweight low-mass, high output B & C Neodymium Custom Woofers. The result? Amps you can comfortably carry from session to gig without destroying your back.

But don't let their incredibly light weight fool you; the tone from these babies will blow you away, no matter what you're currently using.

Pretty big claims, huh? Prove it to yourself, head on down to your local MarkBass dealer today and plug in to the new series of MarkBass amps, and dare we say it again? Yep...prepare to be blown away."

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's pretty aggressive!!

:eek:

thank you so much romeoarmada

5. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Let me be free to add a short review ok?

I played a MarkBass stack (I believe a 410, a 210 with a head, I can't give you the specific details, sorry) and it was worth the effort! Being on the European Bassday in Nijmegen, I was offered to play with a passive Jazzbass on their gear. Just a simple question, from the nice German: 'Would you also like to play perhaps?'

OH YES!!!

It has a solidstate amplifier, but with a tube compression. I was playing fingerstyle, just some quietly notes I thought, until some guy nearby blew my composition away with some crazy slappin' tones out of a small combo. I thought! It was the Mark King Combo, allmost 100% power. I still don't believe it.

Thus....it is loud!!! Really loud!!! I wasn't even playing at half power (I believe master about 50% and input gain about 30 to 40%!) and I was really impressed. Enormous sound. Quite beatiful lows, highs, mids... yeah... anything was big in a way. The compression was good, it sounded really nice. And still...low, fat tone, but it kept being tight. Never heard anything like it actually.

It weighed, well nothing, compared to other cabs. A friend of mine and I were trying to lift the 210 and I thought, nothing was in it. Just a paper box concerning the kilograms! Can you believe it? I still don't.

About the price... the 210 was about 800/900 euro's and the 410 about 1500. Don't take me on it, but that's what I remembered of it. Sounds reasonably, but because I don't know the company and the results on long terms, I think I'm going for the Aguilar GS410. Which I haven't tested yet. The best test would be to A/B them...