BP November 2005 Interview

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Bassist4Life, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY

Congrats on your interview in the November 2005 BP. Is the picture on pg. 26/27 your home studio? It looks cozy. Two words: Audio Spaghetti ;) I hope a lot of people get to see this interview and check out what you're doing in the world of bass. All of us know that you have taken solo bass to a new level; a level that we could only dream of reaching. We know that you feel as if you have only scratched the surface of solo bass playing. That is enought to make our heads explode. :)

One quote from your interview that really made me think:
    "...but we stand at a crossroad where the bass could either really develop or completely disappear."

That makes me want to log-off and start practicing and expiramenting. Thank You.

PS. Equilibre is my current "aural happy place".
  2. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Sep 27, 2005
    Anthem, AZ
    Hey, I just finished reading the excellent article that bass player did on you. WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I'm so happy to see you gettting the coverage you so richly deserve.

I can't tell you how much I TOTALLY dig "Soliloquy". Amazing, AMAZING music.

Can't wait 'till the next time I get to hear/see you play!

Keep up the good work.

Warmest regards,
  3. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much guys. I actually haven’t seen the article yet -- I guess I’m on the late end of BP’s mailing list!

I very much look forward to the next time we get to play together, Todd. If the rest of you on this list haven’t checked out Todd’s music yet, please do so at your earliest opportunity! He’s absolutely amazing and I learn something from him every time I hear him play.
  4. bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    I'm there with ya on that one Mike. Haven't got mine yet either. Must be a CA thing.
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I got this issue a few days ago -- great stuff. It gave me even more motivation to get Soliloquoy (like I needed any more!) and actually made me put down my DB and go and practice my solo BG stuff for the first time in a week.
  6. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Just an update to say I received my copy of BP on Friday and yes, that is Funk & Disorderly studio, A.K.A. home, sweet home!