BP200 and its effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by parabola_qb, Dec 21, 2002.

1. parabola_qb

Nov 13, 2002
    Omaha, NE
    I'm getting the BP200 for X-mas (shhhh! they don't know that I know I'm getting it), and I was wondering what some of the effects are. I know some of them like tremolo, reverb, and chorus, but what these other ones like noise gate, panner, etc. Some of them just sound really goofy to me, but I'm open to wierd things. Can someone tell me what these effects are and what they do? No one has to tell me, I would just like to know before I get the thing if it's actually worth the money. Thanks!
  2. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Here's a link to the manual:

The manual contains brief effect descriptions.
  3. parabola_qb

Nov 13, 2002
    Omaha, NE
    Thank you so much! I'm forever in debt to your priceless advice, thanks again!
  4. you can do all kindsa **** with that thing. I got mine last christmas and i still havent gotten tired of it. It comes with some cool presets like various distoritions, tremelo, chorus, phaser, flanger, etc. Each channel can be mixed with seperate amp and cab combos and different effects so you can get all kinds of whacked out combos. They delay effect is pretty good (its got 2 seconds of delay and if you set the feedback high enough you get a sound loop). The chorus and distortion effects are my favorite, but i pretty much use mine as a tone shaper rather than for effects. To actually answer your question its got distortion, compression, delay, flange, phase, autowah, chorus, synth, detune, whammy and octave. Hope you enjoy it, and let me know if you got any more questions.
  5. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    I have the bp200 as well, I believe it can give you a very wide range of sounds. Unfortunetly it doesn't excel too much in any single effect. I would have rather gotten one good distortion pedal, which is the effect I use most often anyways.