BP200 vs Whammy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Arch Giddle, May 12, 2002.

1. Okay, why should I shell out another 50 quid to buy a "real" whammy when the new BP200 unit includes whammyness and has a bunch of other effects.

I imagine the proper whammy is better made etc. but i'm not sure. Anyone know?

Also I can't remember if the BP has all the harmony / detune stuff as well.

2. benevan

May 2, 2002
    You can download the BP200 manual from the digitech website which outlines all of the features.

It appears to have all of the features of the Whammy. I use a Bass Whammy and the BP200 actually has more whammy features not found on the bass whammy - 2 octave above and 2 octave below whammy.

I've not tried the BP200 so I'm not sure of the quality of the product. I do tend to shy away from mulit-effect units though.
  3. has anyone tried the BP200? if someone has I would really like to hear their thoughts on it.
  4. the BP200 is not a very well made piece of equipment and all the effects are really going to sound very "plastic". Multi-effect units never hold a candle to the individual units. Now the new digitech whammy 4 (red one, re-issue) is also not worth your time. It makes your bass always sound close to half a step out of tune. It delays your signal, and the harmonies are NOT EVEN IN TUNE WITH EACH OTHER! the new whammy and the last re-issue (whammywah) are not worht your time and really neither is the bp200.
  5. Looks like I can forget the Dive Bombing madness then.

I'm going to have to settle for that BassBalls instead :)