1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BPA and BPS in cash registar receipts!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fishheadjoe, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Ah yes, the results of one experiment swaying public opinion. News organizations should be ashamed of themselves. This is Jenny McCarthy/vaccine panic level journalism.

Microbass and two fingers like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    not good for anyone - the shinier and slipperier the surface is (hard to sign on) the more of the bad stuff is in it.

Tom Bomb likes this.
  3. But there wasn't just one person tested - there were four!
    :rolleyes:

Gorn likes this.
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Touché.

5. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Really? I've read about it multiple times, thought it was from independent sources. Will read up, thanks for the heads up. There's certainly something nasty on those thermoprint receipt paper rolls, just from the smell of it.

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Gravedigger Dav and 12BitSlab like this.
  7. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Tom Bomb and 48thStreetCustom like this.
  8. Just because some of you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true. I have to assume that most of you don't know that CTV is Canada's largest independent news network. I am kinda floored that you can so easily dismiss something off the tops of your heads!
    Do I know for a fact that this is real, no, but I can say that it is certainly worth investigating rather than summarily dismissing the findings. I know that if one of my friends or loved ones were handling these things all day, I would certainly like to know!
    Fishheadjoe

Tom Bomb and Datsgor like this.
  9. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Don't take it personal. It's the times we're living in. All the BS floating around social media has made most people sceptical of everything. You have to have a pretty heavy BS filter these days as a defense mechanism.

Tom Bomb, 12BitSlab and Fishheadjoe like this.
  10. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    This has been a fact for several years. I watched a show about it a couple years ago. They had a girl they did pre blood work on to check her levels. They had her handle a receipt, then did post blood work. She definitely had way elevated levels of BPA after handling it.
    I'm always doing origami with my receipts. It crosses my mind every time. I probably have or have way worse things I've been exposed to
    to worry about though.

Tom Bomb, PWRL and Fishheadjoe like this.
  11. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014

somewhat related. Who are you going to trust? I believe if you want to lick the reciepts go ahead. If you want to vaccinate, go ahead. If you dont want to do either, that is your choice.

To dismiss as delusional is probably not the best thing to do. But hey, it is your life. You do what you want.
    Personally I wouldnt take a chance. I take too many in other parts of my life. I dont need more odds stacked against me.

12. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    I have no issue with other's exercising their personal freedom to make poor decisions to put themselves at risk, that's fine by me. I object when they put the rest of us at risk, however.

bolophonic, Tom Bomb and GregC like this.
  13. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    That is the nature of life in this world. We are always posing a risk on others. I would say vaccine and BPA are probably very low on the totem pole of risk to others.

Just think, you get vaccinated and get autism. You are costing the society a tremendous amount of money for not being productive and eventually the government has to take care of you.

You dont get vaccinated and spread sickness to others that didnt get vaccinated or cant get vaccinated because of some allergic reaction, you are a risk to others.

You get poisoned from BPA and you're costing the society in terms of productivity and tax payment. You dont get poisoned and you could still be passing the flu to someone in the train.

I tend to think of it as commuting on a crowded train in the winter. You might or might not get sick. It is just chance. Can't pinpoint my finger to who passed me the sickness. I just have to live with all the risk.

14. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    No, you don't, and the one doctor who claimed this lost his license over it.

15. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    so we're now back at square one. One doctor lost his license. One out of how many?

We don't know the facts. Truth yes, facts? No. Both sides are presenting valid information.

Also I presented both sides of the argument for the sake of being fair. Vaxxed and Not. Either way, humans always pose a risk and threat to other humans. It's not a perfect world. Living peacefully has never been in the answer. It's about not getting killed in the violence. BTW, if you or anyone is vaxxed and support it, you don't need to worry. You aint gonna get sick. Polio No. Aseptic meningitis? Who knows. LOL. It the rest of the world that has a problem. Why bother over such a trivial problem?

16. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    No, scientifically, the matter has been decided long ago, both sides are not presenting valid information. One side is telling the truth, the other side is causing a public health crisis endangering everyone. Sorry you believe the crazies.

petrus61, Microbass and GregC like this.
  17. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    I wonder why all the stores 'round here are now giving us the option not to suffer the inky receipts. (The penny drops) Choice :) Hold the BPA.

18. They are as bad as flat earthers.

It’s getting worse though. I was reading this morning in a local Facebook dog group about flea and worming and many were comparing it to not getting vacced and not necessary. :banghead::banghead:

GregC likes this.
  19. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    I don't believe it has been scientifically proven. But It has been scientifically proven that it might be a cause of autism. Numbers show that vaccines are safe for most people. Numbers is a part of science but that doesnt mean you've proven much. It is just statistics.

Heck you can get a 100 people in a courtroom that believes in space aliens and the judge would literally have to say, "yes they exist, even though we have no real evidence'' just because there are a 100 people that says so. Numbers win, but it doesnt mean it's scientific. Not at all to be exact.

If you are vaxxed, you are not endangered. Those that arent know the risk of spreading it to others that are not vaxxed. Once again, those that are vaxxed are not endangered. No one is endangering anyone without understanding the risk. Unless you believe that the vaccine you took has no ability to block the infection.

Same goes for BPA. Numbers and stats and evidence. We got choices. You can believe what you want. Dont be sorry for anyone. I got vaxxed. My son is vaxxed. My wife got vaxxed. My dogs got vaxxed. My cat got vaxxed.

I don't feel bad for the children with autism. I believe vaccines caused it. They are the unlucky small percentage that got affected negatively. They took a choice. Dont feel bad for my cat that got FISS from the rabies vaccine. We had to vax the cat to bring it abroad. I have to continue to vax it because we move around the world a lot. Two cats. Only one got cancer. It is going to come back again and again, and I am going to have it operated again and again until the vet can no longer take any more muscle or skin. It is going to croaks in about 5-8 years. Statistics. Unlucky cat, unlucky owner.

Choices, buddy. We're all making choices. We are all a liability to others. This is the world we live in. If you don't believe me, next time when you take the car out to go have fun, just think is it worth endangering the rest of the world to go see a movie, when potentially I could run someone or some people over? Don't get too riled up. It is just life. We have choices and we make choices and they have consequences. But just to let you know, if you've been vaxxed, you are not being endangered. You're safe till you get aseptic meningitis.