Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brad Johnson didn't get this one!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hambone, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Goodwill Industries is a great place to visit this time of year. Case in point: I walk into the local GW this afternoon to hear a patron banging out some chords on a cool electric piano. But the piano wasn't the focus of my attention - it was the Ampeg B80-N 15" bass combo amp that the piano was being tested through. Marked with a price of $40.40, I take it to the cashier immediately only to find out that it's Tuesday and all electronics are 25% off!! So I walk out with a really neat little amp for $30.30.

Right place, right time, plenty of cash.

2. Hammy, you get my vote for bargainman of the year...and you helped a good organization. Everybody's a winner!

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Goodwill can be a fun place. We donated an old cheap stereo (Yorx) that may have been worth $1 and later saw it tagged for $35... and someone bought it. The same week my wife found a Roland GR-50 rackmount guitar synth module in a 3 space rack bag... for $25

:D