Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brad Johnson our conquering warrior!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Brad is holding his own over on the Fender post site. Everytime someone attacks us, Brad is right there with a response! I know it's not about "us against them", but as we say in Brooklyn, "Good lookin' out dawg!" Manhug!!!!!!!!! :D

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :D

yes, massive props for my hommie Brad!

In da houze!

3. i didn't post that link so we would get in a big argument with them. i want you people to show restraint; if you want to make a comment about that forum, or even defend ours, please just do it here. we don't need any bad blood.

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    He has a point guys...

TAKE NO PRISONERS! :D

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    we know... Brad is all we need over there...

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Why, DHC, how very Bill Clinton of you.

"I did not have relations with that woman".

Not that I want anything bad to happen, but I think it's out of your hands, man.

FWIW, I don't think it's going to escalate into something uglier from this side. The thread that started it all was posted on their site, no?

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    True. But, should this strategy fail, keep in mind that we are also in possession of an indefatigable secret weapon, a weapon so powerful and exhausting that no opponent - no matter how brave or strong of constitution - can withstand it's barrage for long. In any argument on any subject, it is wise to carry such a weapon and hold it in reserve in case your resolve should begin to retreat. And as of Monday morning, OUR secret weapon becomes active.

So what, you may ask, is this secret weapon of ours?

Three words: ROGER THE BRUCE

8. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    :D

9. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Maybe its me but its a bit petty really. Just live and love bass.

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Good God man! It'll make Hiroshima look like a preschool recess. It's one thing to defend yourself, it's another to completely destroy them.

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I decided to post over there for a couple of reasons. Just trying to correct some incorrect assumptions about TB. In case anyone didn't know, I was on the FDP long before I came to TB. Like here, there's a variety of people there and just like in real life and TB, some are cool, some aren't, some I agree with, some I don't. Not exactly a news flash, huh?

My whole point is to try to get across the idea that we should probably focus on the positives of wherever we are. The thread starts out with a statement that TBers are mean, as if we cornered the market on that. OTOH why not look at the vast majority of posters here that aren't mean and in fact are very helpful on a wide range of topics. If a forum as a whole rubs you the wrong way, move on. Why go to another forum whining about the one you left? Just leave.

The very idea that someone could come here (or anywhere else I post), have a problem with me, leave and then blame an entire board for a personal issue is just plain foolish IMO. TB and the other boards should be bigger than that.

I also tried to address the issue of cliques, both real and perceived. They exist by definition on all of the boards. Doesn't have to be a negative thing... like-minded people do tend to gravitate towards each other.

There's good info here, at the FDP, at the Dudepit and I'd guess at Harmony Central and maybe even on Tabcrawler. You have to decide how much of the stuff you don't like you're willing to wade through.

I guess one of the things I like here is that we even make fun of ourselves. BTW I did finally name my strap.

I just got in from a gig and I'm wide awake... can you tell?

12. i know you mean well, brad, but we all know that when you get going, you tend to, er, not stop. :D

i'm just asking people to be aware of themselves. take 60 seconds before you post to ask yourself if it's worth it.

13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think the majority of the participants on both sides are looking at this as a bit of fun - competition, certainly, but recreational in nature.

i hope so, at least.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's actually what I did before I posted.

And trust me, more often than not, I do stop;)

15. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Not me. I wanna see what happens when Brad and Bruce are on the same side (maybe for the first time ever???). Man, what a lethal tag-team combo! I feel certain that Guiness is ready for the world record in BASS FORUM LINDFIELDING to be shattered once and for all. :D

I'm gonna go stock up on popcorn and fudgecicles NOW and avoid the rush...

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Chris: Are bonbons appropiate for munching whilst viewing this awesome display of manhood?

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Sure, as long as you've got a ****load of 'em. If this thing actually happens, I expect it to take a while....so if you're thinking Godivas, I'd reconsider unless your last name happens to be Gates.

18. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Well, Brad should be our leader; at least he knows what PT is :D

19. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Now that would have to be against the Geneva Convention or sumthin'.

20. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Why limit it to just two forums?

Dann Glenn and Radiant Child from Basslinks

Bassesofalessergod and Skippi from Harmonycentral