Bragging on my LMII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZonGuy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    I have a rehearsal later tonite close to where I work.

I carried my bass and LMII (in a back pack) about 4 city blocks to work this morning rather than leave it in the car.

Try that with an SVT.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Yes, I love the convenience of my LMII, and considering how great the amp sounds I consider it the best or at least near best bass gear purchase I've made.

3. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I tried the LMII yestedday, but I ended up going with the R500 - I wanted something that would fit in my rack case - and to be honest, I'm amazed at how light it is as well - when I picked it up to screw it in the rack case, it felt about the approximate weight of my DVD player - which is damn light! Go Markbass :cool:

4. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    You gave me a mental image of a guy pushing a refrigerator cabinet down Louisiana Street.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    and through the tunnels. :D

6. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    Bob, thanks for selling it to me. The gig is the HeartBeats. I'm currently on the 38th floor if you feel like dropping by. Relocating to ____ next month due to re-focusing of priorities with changing economic climate (35th floor?, Australia? Angola?, Nigeria? Kazakhstan? - we'll see.)

7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    You joke, but there is a guy on here (I forget his name) that used to haul a Mesa 400+ and 8x10 on the subway!

8. :eyebrow:

9. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Yep! Love my LMII.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Love the LMII...used it last night because it was outside and cold and I wanted to get out in a hurry, and one thing you can't do with a Fliptop is get out of a gig in a hurry.

I'd still take an SVT or Fliptop over it any day of the week, but there's no denying how amazing the LMII is. If I was more into the SS sound, there's no way I'd look at anything else but mini-amps. They sound better and are way smaller IMHO.

11. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    It doesn't seem like long ago that my B-15 was the best option for getting in and out of gigs quickly.

12. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Just waiting for the amp to cool down enough takes a good 5 minutes. And I can't flip it in less than 2 minutes without screwing something up. That's 7 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Sometimes it's totally worth it. An outdoor gig in 45 degree weather isn't one of those times ;)

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Cart with big wheels = win. Unless you have to get on a subway. That takes a bit more work, but is still doable, and you have nothing to carry at all.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021