1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brainwave Generator

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mharris, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    Part of me was surprised to do a search on this on find nothing, not even a whisper on the subject. Has anyone here tried experimenting with the brainwave generator at all?

It's a binaural beat generator which focuses and directs specific brainwaves associated with certain functions or states of mind. I've used it quite successfully for studying and for falling asleep when nothing else has worked. After reading http://www.dominionpaper.ca/arts/2003/09/12/new_brain_.html this article I've started experimenting with the default "creativity increase" setting to see what happens. My genius of a friend seems to use this all the time and the man is on another level when it comes to creativity.

I wanted to run this by you guys and see what you had to say about it.

If I use it successfully in the next few weeks for various purposes I'll consider purchasing the full copy of the software which lets create your own settings with more flexibility as well as download and run other people's.

Sort of scary stuff but at the same time extremely fascinating.

Enjoy. Or Don't.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My brain is off kilter enough as is, I'd hate to make anything worse by playing with something I don't understand, like the human brain. :eyebrow:

3. I have been looking into it a little, even trying out some of the i-dose stuff, and I can't really say if it works or not, but one thing is for sure--you get weird dreams for doing that stuff.

I wonder if this has more to do with the power of suggestion--I know that if someone tells you that you are going to be happy, sad, angry, energized, creative, etc, then you start to look for it, you'll find it

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I made a thread about binaural beats a while back, it didn't get much of a response. It's very interesting stuff. I've tried the i-dose stuff as well, it's suppose to simulate different drugs, and there are "trip reports" on their website of experiences people have had that I find far fetched. People saying the acid simulator made the room swirl, etc... I've tried them. Some interesting effects in terms of how it makes you feel, but nothing to amazing.