1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD "Brand New" 2017 Roscoe LG Standard Plus 5 Buckeye Burl Limited Edition! Weekend Sale!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Maiden Bass, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Price:
    $2575
    Strings:
    2017 Rocket Music Limited Edition!
    New selling price is around $3,500!

Buckeye Burl top, Mahogany body, Satin Natural finish, Aguilar DCB-D4 pickups & OBP-3 18 volt preamp, 3-piece quarter sawn Maple neck (with graphite rods) w/matching Buckeye Burl headstock cap, Wenge fingerboard, Graphite nut, Black hardware, 35" scale.

16992062_1444438778942447_11945920433887883_o. 17015910_1444438788942446_4093377605191439278_o. 16992167_1444438752275783_2367161487238723288_o. 17097301_1444438738942451_3398038059192167295_o. 17097847_1444438742275784_4283051884232549852_o.

Well, I just recently received this bass directly from the Roscoe Factory as soon as it was completed (in March). This bass plays, sounds, and looks absolutely INCREDIBLE/AMAZING and weighs in at 9 lbs even! I REALLY, REALLY love this bass, but unfortunately for me I am just no longer comfortable on a 35" scale (due to tendonitis in my left hand), and I have 2 other basses on order now and they will both be arriving soon (both are 34" scale), and so I have decided it would be best for me to let this one go. Bass is in absolutely perfect condition and has only been played by me at my home and the church where I play.

I am in no rush at all to sell this bass, so I am willing to accept a non refundable deposit of $200 to $300, and can hold it for you up to 2 to 3 months (like a lay away if you do not have all of the funds available now), as long as you have positive feedback on Talkbass!

My price includes Roscoe hardshell case, tools/letter that came with the bass, ground shipping & insurance to 48 states, and PayPal fee.
    Please read all of my feedback/reviews and PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

My price of $2,875 is firm and no trade offers at all please!

Thanks for looking!
    :bassist:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  2. campbems

campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Beautiful bass. I Didn't think I would see this baby for sale. GLWS.

Maiden Bass likes this.
  3. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    ^ great guy to deal with here. I did a "MaidenBass special" layaway deal like he described and it worked out perfectly. And you can't beat a Roscoe. That's a beaut!

Maiden Bass likes this.
  4. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks guys!

This really is quite a bass!

I'm super impressed with the overall quality and tone, it cuts through the mix like a laser beam and has a beautiful warm and clear tone, with a bit of a growl!

If I would have been able to order it with a 34" scale then without a doubt it would be my new #1 (and would never sell it), but sadly for me the reach at the 1st through 5th frets (where I play mostly now) is just too much of a stretch for my left hand, and I am giving up on 35" scale basses.

Bass is available for immediate shipment or I can do a layaway for up to a few months!

I won't be playing it any longer at the church where I play, and will just be keeping it at home now, where it will remain in perfect condition.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  5. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    FYI this bass was just set up with fresh DAddario XL's tuned to standard pitch. Gauges are 40,60,80,100,130T.

Sounds like a grand piano! :thumbsup:

Also, I have owned several Roscoe basses (including a custom model), and by far this is the best playing one of all!
    I'm not sure if it's the new Plek or the production at their new factory location, but this bass just plays unbelievably good and the frets are perfect!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  6. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Here's a great sound sample of Aguilar DCB pickups!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Here's some Roscoe info!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    so tuff likes this.
  8. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Wow!

Wish that I had some music fund cash laying around right now. This is truly the best looking buckeye burl top that I've ever seen. Matching head stock too. Only this special Rocket Music model offers the matching head stock in the Roscoe STD line (although IMO there's nothing STD about this one)!

GLWTS

Maiden Bass likes this.
  9. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks Joe!

This bass is nothing short of spectacular! I think it's way better than the Roscoe custom model that I purchased brand new a few years ago! Maybe it's because of the new Plek that they use now?

Whoever buys this bass is gonna be thanking me for a long, long time! :cool::smug:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  10. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    I had one of these RMLE Roscoes. Bell tones and excellent clarity. This one is lighter than mine. Someone will be super happy with this instrument. GLWTS.

Maiden Bass likes this.
  11. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks Brother!
    Yes, that's a great description of the tone!

Oh how I wish I could have ordered this one in a 34" scale! It would never leave my hands if it was a 34"!

This bass is one of the nicest basses that I have ever owned, and I've owned more basses than I care to mention! :cool:

Man, if you're a 35" guy, I've got THE bass for you! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  12. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    It's a pity that I too only like 34" scale - those Roscoe's are top notch.

Maiden Bass likes this.
  13. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    This bass is so nice it's not even funny, but I just can't handle the stretch on frets 1 through 5!

I'm just so totally bummed that I have to sell this one!

If I only played above the 5th fret I would keep it! :roflmao:

14. SanDiegoHarry

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    What throws me off is that I have some nice 4 strings I want to keep - and they are 34". The shift back and forth is fine so long as I'm playing fretted bass - but the second I pick up my fretless, I get all messed up. I've learned to just stick to 34" so I don't make dogs howl on fretless!

Maiden Bass likes this.
  15. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Yes, understand! I don't play fretless but for me I play between the D and B strings on frets 1 through 5 almost all the time, and I dig in and have to move very quickly in that area. If I only did that for a short time it's not bad, but to do it over and over again, like I do just kills me and I get tendinitis.

I'm all done with 35" scale and fanned fret multi-scale basses, and just sticking with the tried and true 34".

I will say that a 35" can give you a deeper tone, especially on a 5, which some people really prefer.
    If I could handle this stretch I would keep this bass for sure! The new Roscoe's that are made with the Plek are out of this world good IMO!

16. SanDiegoHarry

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Well, the only reason I don't own a Roscoe 5 is that they are all 35". Keith's woodworking is as good as it gets.

Maiden Bass likes this.
  17. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Great sound sample of Aguilar DCB pickups and OBP3 pre-amp on a Roscoe!

so tuff likes this.
  18. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Spring Weekend Sale!!!

Because tomorrow is my birthday and because my new 34" scale bass arrives next week (woo-hoo) I am dropping my price from 2875 to 2575 until Monday morning ONLY!

No layaway at this price though!

PM me if you want it!
    $2575 good only until Monday morning, then if it doesn't sell my price will be back firm at $2875!

Also I have a local friend/bass player who's trying to sell his bass right now to buy this, so it could become unavailable at any time!

Get it while it's hot!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  19. barry irwin

barry irwin Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 21, 2015
    Cocoa
    I will buy your bass for the above price $2575 Get back ASAP Thanks.

Maiden Bass likes this.
  20. Maiden Bass

Feb 11, 2007
    Private conversation started!