Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brand New Akai Unibass - Update

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by mactac, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    OK, so these Unibasses have come in cheaper than I originally thought. :hyper:

SO, I have some brand new, in-the-box, never opened, Akai UB-1 Unibasses. I will sell them for [$245] *NOW $210* each plus shipping.

(The last one I saw go for on ebay had a buy it now of $270 USED. These are new)

These things are not being made anymore & are getting a bit rare. Here's your chance to buy a NEW one.

You will need a 9v adapter for them (they come with one, but they are European). They will work with any standard 9v adapter.

For those of you who don't know, the akai unibass is a pedal that octaves up, and adds some distortion to the octave, making it sound like a guitar playing exactly the same thing as the bass. The tracking is extremely good, and it sounds fantastic with that bit of adjustable distortion. it also has a seperate output for the 'guitar' so you can send it to a different amp, or different effects, etc. It will aslo do an octave plus a fifth up or an octave plus a 4th down.

If you want to make your sound bigger (esp if you are in a 3pc band) or want to add "instant rhythm guitar", this is the one.

2. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    not much response... are they too much, or is nobody interested in these pedals?

3. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    A couple of UK auctions ended with buyers offering around $115 for 'em, and this UK vendor is selling one for 175

http://www.sohosoundhouse.com/soho/StockbyManufacturer.jsp?majorclass=manufacturer&minorclass=Akai

Of course, shipping there would be higher than a US delivery. And this guy's selling for 130 plus shipping (again, UK to US would be more than US to US)

http://www.theplanetofsound.co.uk/findplanet2.asp?brand=Akai&m=y

But I think your eBay auctions might also be limiting response -- If I were after one, I'd be watching those to see if I could get one for 230 plus shipping instead of 245...but I've also had enough good luck with overseas purchases that'd I'd probably go for on of the vendors above.

Tough call with NOS and hard to find items, though.

Cheers!!
    ltt

4. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    darn... ok, well I need to get rid of these. I figured i'd do a bit of a group purchase, but looks like I might have to let these go for less that I paid :(

I'll sell these for $210 & shipping ... i need to get rid of them !

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    PayPal?
    How much to Vegas (89104) and will it be subject to customs fees?

6. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    yep, paypal is good. no customs fees to the US. I'll pack one up & get a quote on shipping.

7. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    PM me your PayPal email. I'm heading out to San Diego for the weekend for some gear so I'll know on Sunday or Monday if I need one. I'll let you know either way.
    Thanks.

PS. If you "sharpen your pencil" I might take 2. :D

8. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Do you have anymore left and do you have a link where I can listen to a Unibass audio sample?

9. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    I see! Thanks for the re-direct.:)

10. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    "He went to ebay with it"

no, i actually have a number of them.

11. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    OK,
    But I still need to know (via PM or here) how much in postage to Vegas, and that Customs won't be calling me asking for $xx to let it through. :)

12. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I'll get a shipping quote on Monday when the P.O. opens :)

As far as duties, I simply cannot guarantee anything... it's not up to me, it's up to yhe US customs officials. I'm not up on US customs laws. If you are concerned, perhaps you could check the customs rules for the item, and tell me exaclty how you would like me to describe it when it's shipped. Some items are dutiable, and some are not.

That all being said, I've never had anyone have to pay any duties on anything i've shipped accross the border (which has always been electronic musical instruments & effects). I do know that some wooden products are dutiable, and perhaps some musical instruments (which may be why your bass collected duties), but i do not believe that electronics are.

I think most problem occur when the description of the item is not accurate (hence the reason you may want to tell me exactly hwo you would like it written), but even in that case, you can always get the duty refunded (i've had this happen to myself).

But, like I said, I cannot guarantee this because it is not under my control. I will do everything i Can to make sure it gets done properly, but after that it's up to the customs guys & if they make a mistake, all i can do is help you get a refund

13. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    I bought a power amp from Canada and when I received it, it had some issues. The seller refunded my money and aske that instead of sending it back to him, if I would send it to the factory to have it looked at for him. About a month later I received a letter from UPS stating that I owed $25 customs for the amp. I refused to pay since I sent it back and told them to contact the seller for duties.

14. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
  15. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    shipping to vegas is $14.57 ground (fixed) , $22.10 air

16. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Jesus christ!....Hehe :p

17. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    oops 14.57 :)

hahaha

18. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Well, there's no way I'm paying that....
    ...I'll take Air. ;) ;) ;)

19. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Unit came as promised and works great, however, the statement above led me to believe the "European" adapter would still come with it (it did not). I travel overseas from time to time and this would have come in handy.:(

I did still leave positive feedback for you.
    Thanks.:)