1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BRAND NEW Anima Velvet Strings

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bassdogEmer, Sep 14, 2005.

1. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie Amps, Bag end,Thomastik - Infeld Strings
    hi - I bought these by mistake- I they were on my bass for less than an hour. I have packaging - I would like to sell them for $150 - as they are practically brand new - I can ship for free.
    thanks
    Bassdogemer

2. SamAdams

SamAdams

May 11, 2002
    Midwewst US
    pm sent

3. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    samadam - you sent me no message???

4. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    PM sent!

5. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hi- the anima's I had were sold. However, I also have a brand new set of Velvet Garbo's. The anima's are a string for both pizz and arco - and the Garbo's are a jazz string. the difference is that they are much smoother to the feel making them like guts. I bought the Garbo's today to check them out and they aren't for my bass. There brand spanking new - on my bass for a couple of hours. I have original packaging. they Set me back $260 so I would like to sell them for:
    $200 - can ship.
    p.s. those of you who sent me private messages - Ia m still getting used to the system - and havent figured out how to reply yet! sorry
    :help:

6. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    I sold the animas- but I have the Garbos if anyone is interested.
    thanks
    bassdogemer

7. flatback

flatback

May 6, 2004
    Bolinas Ca
    Andy,
    It takes at least a few days for your bass to settle into Velvets (let alone your hands) Are you sure you are giving them a full try?. Knowing your playing, I would think they would be a good match?
    Hey check out the thread on the Toby Timber Vektor pick up it smokes...
    Piro

8. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    hey Piro - yea, I know about what you are saying and I think you are totally right. remember my pre war Kay ?? it has totally exploded this sumer - actually right after I saw you when i was playing in SF - so I have this Czech bass now - and it just didnt take tot hose strings - or maybe I didnt have them on long enough but in any event - I sold the animas and am gonna sel the Garbo's i think if anyone wants them. Which strings do you play on??how is your flat back Tyrole bass?? and christ sakes... how is Lucian and Lisa?? anyways - thanks for theadvice and please keep it coming!!! my girlfried is driving me out to New jersey today to play some basses as I am loking to buy..know of any good ones?? has you falt abck been good to you?? as in the back is still in good shape?? whats yer set up now??? and I have never heard of this pick up before?
    talk soon!
    Andy

9. flatback

flatback

May 6, 2004
    Bolinas Ca
    Right on,
    I am going thru different strings right now. The Garbos sound great on my bass but I am trying Tomastic Dominants now. Not as loud as Garbos or as gutty but better then steel.
    My bass is sounding great, Check out the LDS 1x8 cabnet too, I just got one, its like a GK only it sounds as good as it gets in a small package.
    Look in Amps and Pickups here, there are some great new sounds out there.
    more later,
    p

10. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    hey - right on I will check out those amps. I just bought a bass!!! it's a Juzek - one of the old ones from prague before the shop was moved to Germany. I am having a new neck and fingerboard put on her- the angle readjusted as well. the scroll on has a really bad repair - but even with that and the thin fingerboard and tiny bridge this bass screamed! so - I am having her restored - the body is impecable - no cracks whatsoever accept for a tiny one on the bottom right of th top- it's an inch long and has been repaired well. - so happy - the varnish on it is dark brown -
    man - cant wait -I will post pics when i can get her in a few weeks!!!

:hyper: