Brand New BC Rich.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alan 342, May 18, 2007.

1. Alan 342

Alan 342

Apr 3, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    So today I came into enough money to get some new gear. For a long time I was thinking, upgrade the amp first.. I completely convinced myself that was the right thing to do. I was also set on getting a Fender Active Deluxe Special etc etc. The P/J MIM active Fender. I had plans for everything.

Well, you know how these things go. Over the past few months I've been really itching for a Heritage Classic Mockingbird Bass. I saw it on the wall at GC everytime I went and it was just calling out to me. I go today and it's gone, but lucky me there was a single one left in the back. With a little dealing I had a coffin case added and some black beauties. It's a great day.

Pics to come later tonight or tomorrow, as I have to rush out and jam with this thing in about 10 minutes. Anybody else have one of these monsters? Sure is heavy, but I love it.

Oh, and it was sold to me by a fellow TB'er no less.

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Awesome. I love Mockingbirds!

Graeme

3. Alan 342

Alan 342

Apr 3, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Ok. I know I JUST said pics to come later tonight or tomorrow, but it turns out I had a spare minute. It's not the best pic, but I had to show the world.

mockingbirdsmall.jpg

I'm proud of this thing.

4. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    those things are THE most beautiful instrument in their lineup... not at all as demonic or "metal" if you will as the rest of the lineup... but incredibly beautiful... excellent choice.

i really want one to sit between my Beast and MK Dragonfly acoustic... it would be a perfect transition bass between the styles

5. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I dont care for the shape, but I played one at GC waiting for a friend to finish a deal and MAN I LIKED IT..

Nice bass

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sweet. :cool: Give a post gig report!

I have purposely avoided them because I know I will want it if I try it and my wife would kill me if I bought another one! :p

7. LzeroKI

LzeroKI

Dec 24, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    all 3 of the heritage mockingbirds my local gc had in stock were plauged with really loose pots, and would produce NO sound whatsoever, but man do I love the mockingbird shape

8. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Beautiful bass, congrats!

I always dug that BC Rich model with the dual P pickups.

9. Alan 342

Alan 342

Apr 3, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks for the words everybody. It plays really well. We ran through some of our songs last night just to get a feel for it. No drums and no mic but me and my guitar players had a good time. I'm still getting used to everything. This is the first active bass I've ever played/owned.

Oh man, in the coffin case.. this is the heaviest thing ever. I know it's gonna be rough to move this thing around, I'm not the biggest guy. Not complaining though. There's a possibility I'll have enough money to get a decent amp going too. It might be a month or so.. but it's in the works. I'm gonna start with a 2x10 combo amp then add another 2x10 cab after that.

I have a lot of stuff to get done today, but I will try and take some better pics later on.

10. I absolutely love those basses. Ive played them on a number of occassions and think they are absolutely beautiful instruments. Its on my list of basses to buy and I plan on getting one before the year is up.

11. Alan 342

Alan 342

Apr 3, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    So as it turns out, I'm a terrible photographer. I said I'd put up more pics though, so here's 2 decent ones from the front and back.. out of the case.

bassfront.jpg
    bassback.jpg
    basspic2.jpg

The third pic is my old modded Squire. Before now that was all I had to work with. What a difference.

12. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    You know what? Those are great basses. I love the electronics, and I love the sound. Dual Ps rule. The one at my GC has been sloooowwly falling in price. It's at 400$ish now, and I'm waiting a bit more until the 300 range before I buy it.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021