1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Brand New Carvin BB70WP (bunny brunel) Walnut w Piezo & OHSC - Options Maxed!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

DEAD MINT - NOT ONE SINGLE MARK on this bass. Literally as new!

Man, I truly hate doing this but I'm hurting for cash and the other basses I've been trying to sell here are not, so I am forced to offer this 2 month old beauty up for grabs. She has TONS of options and was purchased for $1850 just 2 short months ago. :crying: :bawl: Options are:

Walnut top and walnut back and alder in between options
    Neck thru with a walnut and Maple stripes
    Matching walnut headstock upgrade
    Bunny Brunel and carvin logos in black with white shadows
    Ebony board with Pearl dot upgrade
    2 mm Carvins humbuckers (normally comes w a J pup in neck position)
    Coil split switch for each humbucker
    Hipshot Drop D tuner
    Black hardware upgrade
    Piezo bridge pickup upgrade
    Latest pre-amp w 18 volt (2 x 9 volt) and has 8 mini pots that regulates each humbucker and each string output
    Excellent low action
    Carvin molded hard case (one missing foot and a few scuffs)
    etc, etc, etc....

More tones that ANY other bass I've tried. You can run the MM's in single coil mode, or mix with piezo, etc, etc, etc. Versatile is the name of the game here! Plays, looks, feels, should be a $3,000 - $5,000 bass. Yes I will ship overseas. $1150 (that's $700 less than was paid for this 2 months ago)!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. :eek: SHEESH!! Whatta bass!! My bass funds are on empty after my last two gas attacks :meh:

3. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    You know, there are many Carvin nay-sayers out there but these basses are pretty damn nice! This is a great looking bass and I'm sure she plays like a dream!

4. ... if ONLY this were a Fiver! :rollno:

5. Quadzilla

Bump! I gotta let this go to Ebay is nobody here grabs it! :bawl:

6. Quadzilla

THanks for the kind words csala! I'll slip you that $20 later ;) ! Seriously, these MM's pickups nail the MM vibe, plus the piezo gives you a whole new dimension in tone. The other thing that makes this even more versatile, is the individual coil taps per pickup (like a Sterling). The new Carvin pre-amp is as good as any I've heard and has no less than 8 trim pots in the cavity to tweak everything!

Edit - csala, looks like you deleted your post while I was replying to it :confused: ? :D

7. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    oops...

As I was saying, this bass is a great deal at the $1850 Quad paid and a steal at his current asking price, lots of bang for the buck. I have owned and play these basses all the time at the Carvin store in Los Angeles and the pickups are great, very verastile, which has been an issue with Carvins in the past. Buy this bass or suffer the wrath of a thousand Nikki Sixx basslines!

8. steve21

steve21 Banned

This one kinda reminds me of the one I played at the Carvin store in LA also.

Last time I played a Bunny Brunel he (Bunny) actually came up to me and asked how I dug it.

I told him it was pretty good. He laughed, said thanks, and then I realized who he was.

Good luck on the sale.

9. skipster619

skipster619

Jul 11, 2007
    Is this beauty still available??

10. Quadzilla

Sold on Evil Bay :crying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.