1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brand new guitar problems???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hazelnut Spread, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Hazelnut Spread

Hazelnut Spread

Dec 16, 2011
    Hi everyone! Today I got my brand new ibanez btb675, but I seems to have some problems with it, first off when I have the cable plugged into the jack, and twist the cable I get a loud popping and crackling noise , second I think my action is way too low because I am getting fret buzz and when I look it seems like the strings are just barely not touching the first fret, and lastly my b and e strings are louder than my a d and g strings?? Are these easily fixable or should I just send my bass back for a replacement since it is brand new? Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

2. barrybass33

barrybass33 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2008
    westchester new york.
    Needs a good setup... By someone who knows. Maybe the store will do it for free since it's a new bass..

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yep, just a good setup.

The crackling jack/cable problem can be just that. A bad cable or a bad jack. A bad jack would be a $5-$10 repair.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yeah the store where you bought it should do a setup, maybe for free since you bought it there. You should also learn how to do it yourself, since it usually needs to be done a couple of times a year.