Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brand New Legion Sound 2x10 800w $110 Local Pickup Prefered

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Quadzilla, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

**SOLD** (local sale)

I live in Maryland just north of Baltimore for those who are local...

I have a Legion Sound 2x10 cab that's brand new. The thing handles 800 watts and is LOUD and is all plywood and braced construction (NOT partical board or MDF). It also has a tweeter and crossover. It's really nice and MUCH better than I thought it was going to be! I mean it REALLY gives my old Avatar 2x10 a GOOD run for it's money! I recently got the cab (a few weeks ago) and pulled the grill off and cranked down the driver screws and took off the jack plate and checked all of the connections and made sure the solder joints were good, etc. It's all set!

I'm actually taking a loss on it (when you factor in the price iof the cab and the shipping I paid too), but I bought it LAST WEEK the intention of leaving it at where we practice instead of hauling my other stuff every week, but right after I got this cab I just scored a Ampeg combo for dirt cheap (thread on that linked here --> http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228823 so I no longer need this cab. $110 for local pickup (which saves you some good bucks on buying a new one and having it shipped to you) or we can discuss price plus shipping if you are not local (more detail below).

Here is some info on the cab and specs:

SSB-210L | Legion 2-10" Madison Loaded Bass Guitar Cabinet
    Professionally made, professional sounding 210 cabinet made for the musician that demands both quality and a good price. Shop around, you won't find a better deal PERIOD!
    One of the most important features about this cabinet is that it is made of high quality 13 ply Birch hardwood. Not only is this material expensive, it is half the weight of cheaper particle board and MDF and it is 10 times stronger. This is the reason why professional gear is made out of this material.
    We design our cabinets using many years of experience, not only with the best software available today but also with usage and real sound quality in mind. We are NOT some wholesaler that just sells whatever speaker we can get at a good price. We build our speakers to last, sound the way they should sound and we do it at a price that can not be beat ANYWHERE! No middleman here, we build 'em and sell 'em direct to you and back them up with a 1 year warranty.
    Punchy bottom end with an accuracy all it's own. Very defined tone over all and the tweeter just adds that hint of high frequency for the treble minded bass player. Of course if your not into tweeters, simply disconnect it, it's 4 screws and about 30 seconds and your done, tweeter is air sealed so there be any problems there.
    The cabinet has good bottom end and a pleasing sound. Don't let the price fool you, this is not a toy, it is a professional cabinet ready for any all stage performances. It's compact and light weight for the working musician that needs easy hauling, yet it is massively strong for professional use across the board.
    If I was asked to compare to something, to be honest I would say SW@ working man.
    Features
    Plastic Bar handles
    Rubber feet
    Metal corners
    Dual air sealed 1/4" jack plate wired in parallel
    Full face 18 gauge steel grill
    1 3/8" Plastic tripod mount
    Slot vented at the bottom

Specifications
    RMS Power Handling: 400 watts
    Peak Power Handling: 800 watts
    Ohms: 8
    Frequency Response: 40 to 18,000hz
    Sensitivity: 98dB
    Woofer: Madison Warrior 10 with 50oz. magnet and 2" voice coil
    Tweeter: 3" piezo
    Horn: N/A
    Crossover: N/A
    Construction: 5/8" 13 ply Birch through out, internally braced for zero flex, insulated, black carpet covering
    Measurements: 24" x 17" x 16"
    Warranty: 1 year
    Weight: 55 lbs (Packed)
    50 lbs (Unpacked)

I prefer not to ship but I can ship this if you need me to. I still have all of the original packing. I have a personal Fed Ex account that's saves some bucks off of going to the Fed Ex store or Mailboxes etc, and places like that, so shipping should be pretty cheap.

[​IMG]

2. Quadzilla

To da top baby!

3. I am very interested.

4. Sold! to me!

5. Quadzilla

Well, on hold for you until I get paid my friend...:eek: :p :D

6. PM sent

7. Quadzilla

Back up for grabs!!!! Who wants it? Again, it's new and sounds DAMN good, especially condering the money. This cab really surprised me! Prefer local sale of possible.

8. Quadzilla

Up to da top baby!!!

9. Quadzilla

**SOLD** (local sale)