Brand New M-Pulse w/ a PH-1000 !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Superfrappe, Feb 11, 2003.

1. This post is to all the mesa users that gave me great feedback about the M-Pulse series. I bought the M-Pulse 600 and the Powerhouse 1000 tonight, and holy hell, what a combo. To some of you this may not be the holy grail, but to me, this is quite a step up from the swr wm series... i'm pumped! thanks to all that gave the support. today is a good day. :)
  2. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    congrats that is one awesome rig
  3. Great to hear the good news... I know you're going to love your new rig. In a week or two you should give us an update on your thoughts etc. :D
  4. Thanks guys. I am pretty psyched about this setup! I played it for about an hour last night, but tomorrow night will be the true test, when I jam with my band. I'll definately post my thoughts after the jam! So far though, this rig has really impressed me. Such AMAZING tone! I can't believe I waited this long to become a Mesa owner. w00t!

Do you M-Pulse owners have any great settings to share? I'd love to hear some! I played around with the eq, compressions, gain, etc. last night, but I'm sure it will take some exploring to find my favorite tone. Also, how do you guys like the foot pedal? Do you use it? This is the first amp I've ever owned that included a foot pedal.
  5. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Sweet setup!:bassist: I would love a rig like that. Bet it's LOUD!:bassist:
  6. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Oh yeah... pics?:D
  7. I use the foot pedal only as a mute switch, I turn the solo knob all the way down, and turn it on to mute for tuning. I don't think I like alot of compression right now, because I like alot of dynamics, but It is a really nice compressor non-the-less. The main things for eq that I like, are find a nice tone with the first three eq's, and then I like to boost around 100, and scoop around 400, but that all depends on my mood to. I think you should try fooling around with it yourself, I know I'm still fooling around, and I've owned mine for about 8 months. I love these little guys! :)
  8. Thanks dude! I've been playing bass for almost decade now, and the first 5 years were through an old Peavey 80 watt combo, and then the next 4 through a SWR 400 watt rig... so I figured it was about time to play w/ the big boys!

Yeah dude, I'll take some and post them after tomorrow night's jam!
  9. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    That sounds sweet man - I wish that boogie stuff was readily available here in the Uk as there's loads I'd like to try. I've never even seen a 400+ in the flesh!
  10. Superfrappe,congrats!!!..I just wanna say, read the manual.there are lots of intresting tid bits about the gain control that change the character of the sound.I just posted this on another really makes a difference when you read and understand what this awsome amp is capable of..and the manual is dead far as the footswitch goes,I really don't use it much because 1) I run my compresser all the time(low ratio and thresh. settings).2) I don't run fx in the loop so its always off. 3)I only use the para e.q. when I absolutely need to(notching for a paticular room),so it either on or off...but, bring that manual with you the next time you go to band practice and behold the awsome power of your new "weapon of mass destruction"
  11. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

I've seen a 400+... that thing is MASSIVE! Looks pretty sweet! unfortunately, they cost 2300 Canadian here...