Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brand new moderators!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Francois Blais, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    I just saw that John Turner is no more the moderator of the DB section!
    Look who are now the 'bosses'!

Thanks, Chris and Don!

2. Hey Donosaur and Duurrrlll; way to go! gotta start breaking in those bats!

On second thought, they're already pretty well honed! :)

Thanks JT for wielding that big stick for so long.
    Ya done good!

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks, mark.

i figured that it was about time that you guys got somebody to mod over here who actually knew of what they spoke, as far as DB goes. :D

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Wow, look how TALL the forums are now with both of our names crammed into the "Moderated by" boxes...this is giving me vertigo.....

JT, as your last parting gift to the DB forums (other than the American Standard thread, that is), are you sure you can't change those to DURRL and DONOSAUR? That should shorten the forum height a bit....

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hmmm, I think he must be talking about Don...

6. Hey thanks and welcome Don and Chris. Nice to see JT get a little break.

7. I'm reporting you, gruff.

8. Actually, the system worked well under you, John: If you understood what they were saying, they didn't belong here.:D

Yoo hoo, Paul...over here.

Can we be listed as Durrll and Donosaurus?

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Do you really want the "us" on the end? Who knew? Either way, if we manage to pull this off (if Paul ever reads this thread and decides to grant our one wish...) I think the names should be in ALL CAPS in honor of Ed. Also, "DURRL" has only one L. :cool:

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I see absolutely no reason that the DB overlords shouldn't be subjected to the ritual new mod hazing. That being said, before any omniring and instruction booklet is mailed, I believe that the body shaving victim should be decided.

Congratulations guys, make us proud! :D

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Dibs on Michelle Pfeiffer! If she's not on the list, Juliette Binoche (sp?) will do nicely.

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, i think i have a pm here somewhere from ed where he volunteered.

if i could only find it...

13. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I'd be willing to shave Ed's HEAD (the shoulder-mounted one ONLY, that is...), but if you meant anything else, I think you must be looking for Don.

Don? Doooooooonnnnn? Yoooo-hooo? I think Mr. Turner has a business proposition for you....

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, it wasn't MY proposition...

btw, what am i supposed to do with these pics again? let me know when the a.s.s. contest is happening - i want to vote on it too, to represent the "ignorant semi-evolved chimp" constituency. :D

15. Officially, there are only 3 judges: John Turner, Ed Fuqua, and Bob Gollihur. Their decision and the photographs are to be posted together, so that the righteous indignation of everyone else can follow.
    So don't screw this up, JT. e-mail the photos to Ed and Bob FIRST.

16. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I still think the decision should be withheld (secured in a sealed envelope, of course) for a bit to keep the peanut gallery in suspense as they peruse the carnage and cover their children's eyes and so forth....

BTW, DONOSAUR(US?), did you caption your pics, or send them a la carte? I numbered mine, so I could go either way...but if you get captions, I GET CAPTIONS TOO, DAMMIT! Let me know - if you did captions, I'll send mine in an email to JT, assuming he's got my pics by now...

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm really out of the loop. I'm not really sure I want to know, but what's the deal with these pictures that are in circulation? I'm not involved, right? I was really young, I needed the work, that Rogue bass was just out of my price range, and I'd do anything to buy it. I didn't know any better. They said that they wouldn't circulate them.

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've recieved Don Corleone's pics, but i've not recieved F. Scott's yet. still waiting. :D.

19. Jeezz,

Leave for a few days and the place falls apart. Heehee-haaha

Thanks for your patience with us URB'ers JT. I can't imagine how much you have suffered with the dry wit of us all.

Welcome to Don and Durrl, "the double D's" of moderators for stepping up to the plate and fending off the slings and bows of all of us who are out here trying to be cute on TB.

BTW, I will be posting pictures this week of the ugliest looking bass that I have ever seen. I do not want to compete in the A.S.S competition because they have to sound great compared to this one.

Mark

20. Hey just so I have things straight who is playing bad cop and who is playing good cop?:D

I would like to cast a vote for Rufus Reid