Brand New Morch!..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikkel-S, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I just picked this baby up today, just got home from the trip to Morch..Now quite tired, but I am possibly the most happy guy here in Denmark right now!.. This beast plays as good as it looks!... Its a 36" scale 6-string, Flamed maple-body, custom Morch Dual-coil (Hum/single) PU's and Pre-amp. It sounds... Word cannot descripe it!...WoooHoo! :hyper:

Sorry for the crappy picture... But right now Im going to enjoy this Monster!.. Close ups on request..! :D
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I request! I request!

nice bass man.... we have some of those in NYC too

3. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I'll get pics up maybe tomorrow.. Okay?..
    I know bout' Morch selling instruments to JoeyG Music? Right.. I think its the only place in US that has Morch basses.. Maybe im wrong..
    But im only about 1.5hour away from him in car.. So it super close.. We are quite good friends, and besides im a super customer. When I picked up the bass today we had lunch, and he talked alot about his deal with JoeyG music NYC.. Btw those singlecuts are super nice..!
  4. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Here's some to start with.. :D
  5. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    One of the back...

And let the worship begin... or whatever.. :eyebrow:
  6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    How are you digging that 36" scale?
  7. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    wow, 36"? that's pretty long. I don't imagine you'll be doing any chording near the headstock ;)

it sure is purdy though!
  8. Hi Mikkel,
    Nice to see you.
    Congrats for your new axe, very impressive,
    specs list welcome.
    Hope you sell the other nice one soon maybe. xcuse me by the way,
    but trouble to make my mind.
    Morch bass seem at the very top, but I never heard them.
  9. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Oversoul and Basswhore; the 36" scale.. All I can say right now is WOW!.. The B-string is so tight and focused!..the other strings also have that super focused piano like tone!.. Im diggin' it!.. I not 100% used to the size yet, but it'll grow on me!
  10. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    NanooKano: Hi Sylvain, you have not been to any trouble!.. :D
    Regarding Morch basses and his whereabouts, not many people know about him in Europe and US. Maybe thats because he has not promoted himself in anyway overseas and here.. In DK he's one of the most respected luthiers, but as i have said in other posts, he's only ONE man in the workshop, and he production is very limited. check out he's his site (It's my bass on the frontside :hyper: )
  11. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Do you like Morch's stuf?.. Im quite interested in knowing what you guys think of his "scandinavian" design.. So what do you think?..
  12. thats one fantastic looking bass, glad it plays well, and man a 36" scale, those strings have got to be so nice and tight to play with!
  13. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    It's funny that the bass looks HUGE and hard to play, but the neck is FAST super slim.. fits my hand as a glove.. But still I have to get used to the 36" scale..
  14. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Congrats...That is a fine looking bass. I'd admired his basses for quite some time.
  15. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Fine looking bass.

Reminds me a lot like a Carl thompson...which rules
  16. When it comes to looks, I find Mørch's basses to be "nydelige".* ;) Sadly, I've never played one, nor have I, as far as I know, heard one. Feel like posting some soundclips?

*If that word is appropriate in this particular context...
  17. MyDogBo

Aug 25, 2002
    ive spoken to jonny a few times from here in los angeles - he's a very very nice guy -- this would be his well known and award winning "curl" bass! i believe that david king spent time in europe with jonny and credits his impeccable work and p/ups ... nice bass! ... do enjoy!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  18. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    I think DK used to offer Morch electronics in his basses, although it's missing from the site now.