Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brand New - MTD Heir 5 Ash/Active

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by soholounge, Jan 17, 2006.

1. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    NOT a feeler - this is for sale! (or maybe a trade)
    :D

brand new MTD Heir 5 bass. It's the brand new one with an all Ash body (flame maple top, i think) and 3-band active electronics.
    Cherry-flame finish and Rosewood fingerboard. Maple neck.

I like my other MTD Heir 5 so much (older model) that I decided to order the new one from Bass Central. It was drop-shipped to me directly from the US distributor in L.A. and it arrived earlier this morning.

However, although i LOVE this bass, it took 8 days to get here (although they promised 1 day) and during that time i found a killer local deal on something else that i just couldn't pass on, and now i have to sell something. I still need a new cab, so i will have to sacrifice the new MTD. Also, i've got some car repairs that turned out to be more expensive than i thought...

anyhoo,
    i paid $649 + $40 shipping and drop-ship surcharge.
    i'm thinking someone could save $50 and buy this from me for $600 plus shipping? (OBO)

I played it for 2 minutes at most.

I will try to have better quality pix by tomorrow... sorry about the low-light blurriness... i'm not a photographer!

thanks!

oh, almost forgot, i would be interested in trades for a 1x12 or 2x10 cab, BUT i would have to get at least SOME cash out of this deal.

Attached Files:

2. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    the MM pickup is BALLSY. really really powerful sound... you'll dig it!

Attached Files:

3. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    shipping would be from zip code 94530

Attached Files:

4. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    the hardware is designed by Hipshot,
    and the pickups/electronics designed by Bartolini.

Attached Files:

5. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    thank you for your random act of kindness!

6. How would you describe this baby, meaning, is it comparable in sound to say a Lakland 55-02? (ie:it does a nice Jazz Bass, does a nice MM...etc) I may be interested....I'll PM you.

7. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    obviously not as nice as a 55-02 (at half the price) but it gives it a run for its money in the construction and finish department.
    seriously, the construction on this is something to behold.

as for sound, to my ears, the MTD does a better MM Stingray, but the 55-02 does the fender-ish sound better.

and thanks for the PM.
    replied.

8. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    i have a feeling this might get sold tomorrow locally,
    so if you wanna make a crazy offer, tonight is the time to do it!

wheelin' and dealin' time! let's hear those offers!
    :bassist:

9. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    sold to a very happy customer!